Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swarovski channell links

Hi all,
    I'm looking for swarovski channel links? I have found a couple of places in America that sell them but I'm looking for UK suppliers.

Thanks in advance
    Rhiannon
    Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
    www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

I'm having exactly the same problem Rhiannon. The only site I've found which sells them here in the UK is here. It depends what you're looking for though- I wanted the round ones with the single loop but this UK site doesn't sell them. The only other option you have is to order them from a USA site and wait for a couple of weeks for them to arrive. A good site which sells them in the USA is here! Hope this helps!

Nickie x

Comment

Are these any good Nickie http://www.beadsdirect.co.uk/Swarovs...ski+Charms.htm
      Look about half way down the page, they've just got them in.

Thank you for the link to Jillybeads, I never thought to look at their site. Its a start, I will keep searching.

Rhiannon
      Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
      www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Rhiannon although they're a little big for my needs, I was thinking more 4mm or even 6mm but 9mm is definitely too big...I wonder why nobody stocks these is a wide range of colours and sizes in this country? Maybe we've spotted an opportunity and should start selling them ourselves...

Comment

Hi

Not sure if this might be useful to you... We don't stock swarovski but we have wraptite or channel wire link settings which are very easy to set and you can set them with any faceted stones of your choice, for example you could have white or coloured cubic zirconias which are very affordable. If you click on the link above you can see the product and some examples of jewellery we have made using them.

Hope this helps!

Hannah
          WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
          Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

I've favourited that link for future use- I'm looking for the single loop kind at the moment though!!!

Comment

We have single loop ones too...! (SP70) They are available in either sterling silver or 9ct gold.

http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...g-silver-SP70/
              WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Comment

Oh fantastic! Do you do the cubic zirconia stones too or do you know where I can get them? Also, what adhesive do you use to set the stones???

Comment

We have a HUGE range of semi precious faceted stones, and lots of white and coloured cubic zirconia (cubic zirconia is the finest diamond simulant and is incredibly clear and sparkly) the clear white cubic zirconia has always been really popular so we've now also got lots of pretty colours too, which are lovely and also cheap!

This is a link to all our faceted stones - you will find all the coloured cubic zirconias in this category as well. (we are just putting these into their own category as i write this, so i will add a link when that is done)http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...ubic-zirconia/

You don't need glue to set the wraptite settings, they just 'click' into place. They are just a very fine band of silver and the edge of the stone clicks into the band and holds it tight. Simply place the faceted stone flat side down onto a firm surface, then apply gentle pressure to click it into place, then using a piece of wire to keep the loop open, you can squeeze the setting with the fine tips of round nose pliers to make sure that the setting it tight around the stone. This is all described on page 62 of our catalogue - which is free if you would like one. These are really nice to use on charm bracelets, pendants and earrings, we made a really nice bollywood style necklace recently using them.

Also an interesting fact about our cubic zirconia's: they recently featured in the BBC program 'Hotel Babylon' it was the episode where they were hunting for hidden emeralds in the hotel. The props department bought a whole load of white cubic zirconias and painted them green!

Hannah x
                  Last edited by Kernowcraft; 09-11-2009, 04:03 PM.
                  WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Comment

Great links and your site looks fab too! I'll be taking a proper and thorough look later on and hopefully ordering some lovely stones and channel links!

I'm now toying with the idea of making my own chandelier findings- I can't find what I want anywhere, not even on your site so I may just pick apart some of my own chandeliers and take moulds from them.

Oh, you don't do 24 gauge silver plated head pins by any chance do you (in 1.5 and 2 inch)?
                    Last edited by nickie1105; 09-11-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Great links and your site looks fab too! I'll be taking a proper and thorough look later on and hopefully ordering some lovely stones and channel links!
                      Thanks! Glad you like it

My favourite chandelier earrings at the moment are made using the new crescent shape component we just got in. How will you make the chandelier components from a mould? do you mean with PMC?

We do have silver plated head pins, although I am not certain if they are exactly 24 guage, but if not they are pretty close to it. We have more choice in sterling silver though. Personally I prefer using the sterling head pins as they are a bit more flexible to work with and I always seem to get a neater finish using them than with the plated ones.

All our findings can be found here: http://www.kernowcraft.com/products/...ings-products/

Am off to walk the dog now, as she is making a huge fuss as the girls are about to go home, so better take her before the light goes...! Hope you enjoy browsing the site, and let me know if you need any more help.

All the best

Hannah x
                      WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Comment

Hi Hannah, yes I meant with PMC, firstly moulding them from silicone rubber. I'd like something I can set a few CZ's into but I can't find this kind of chandelier finding/link anywhere.

As for the silver plated head pins...I'm a complete novice at jewellery making so bound to make many mistakes before I'm anywhere near your standard lol! Silver plate is so much cheaper than sterling and while I'm just practising it seems the economical choice lol!

Oh and I've sent you a PM about some other stuff too...

Comment

sparkly-beads.co.uk have a limited selection.Hope this helps.There's definitely a gap in the market!

Comment

Working...
                          X