Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UK Bead Mag

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to find out if any of you out there have had a peak at the UK's new mag dedicated solely to beads? What did you think?

I have been trying to get my hands on a copy since the first issue came out in Dec 06 to no avail. So today I have just ordered one off their official website... Looking forward to having a peak!!

Fran

i've got a copy and i'm going to be in it too! just need to come up with something a little less vague than the current proposal. jean, the editor, is keen on having me write about fused glass & can fit me into nov/dec or before if she has a cancellation. woop! it looks really slick and it's great to have a UK-based magazine hope you get hold of a copy soon. i grabbed the last one in w h smiths. issue 2 tho so not sure what issue 1 was like. my friend, ray skene, is the centre-spread in issue 2!
    Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
    Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

I think its great that there is a UK based magazine. I have a subscription to it.

There are a few projects I am going to have a go at.

Looking forward to seeing you in there Steph - Well done!
      A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

I think it will go from strength to strength and its a long time over due. Its good to have somewhere where we can see the projects and get hold of the beads if we want the same too.

Francesca
        www.silverthistlebeads.com

Over 389 watch faces at any one time and a large selection of bali beads, Swarovski slider spacers and crystals etc.

Comment

Do w h smiths sell this bead mag.

Comment

heya 'i bought the first issue (well my mum did for me) and it seemed pretty good...also not too ful of more adverts than projects as some other magasines are. After seeing this I went to buy it but my whs appears not to sell it!! it actually has NO beading magasines. Anyone know where else sells it?
            thanx
            Kayleigh
            http://handcraftedbykayleigh.blogspot.com/

Comment

Wh smith, and Borders sell it

Francesca

Scotlands online store for Bali beads, Watchfaces, Swarovski Crystals, Pearls and much more.

Comment

Issue 1 was good but Issue 2 is even better. If you can't find Issue 2 any more, I have a few copies left. Bead Mag themselves have sold out.
                I will take some copies with me at the Chester fair.

Issue 3 is out on 21st March.
                Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I have 3 copies left in my store now, it's good to know that places have sold out though hopefully it will really start to take off.

Francesca

Over 389 watch faces at any one time and a large selection of bali beads, Swarovski slider spacers and crystals etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X