Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To AB or not to AB???

That is my question??

I am going to my Brother in Law's wedding in a couple of weeks, and bought a lovely dress to day. It's a lovely deep purple, almost plum colour, and quite matt - like a jersey material (although not jersey, just that kind of soft matt material!

I have decided I'm going to make myself a swarovski bracelet to match, in amethyst colour, and possibly 3 strands with connectors (lol! do I sound like I know what I'm talking about ) Also, my matching accessories are in matt black leather.

Right... my question is, shouls I go for the AB ones or not - I've never seen them up close and personal and will buying off the web, so asking for your experience really in what you think will be look/match best.

Many thanks!
    Stacey

Forgot to say they will be 6mm bicones!

Comment

What does AB mean??

Comment

Sorry, I do not understand the question?

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I didn't know to start with, but googled it and it means it gives them a kind of irridescance:

It means the crystal has a coating on it. Its scientific name is a "thin film interference coating" and it makes the crystal sparkle and iridescent.

Comment

I'm not sure I fully understand myself !! I think there are two types of crystal, one flat coloured and one with the multi coloured sparkle in it, a bit like oil.

I'm not sure which one is best

Comment

Aurora Borialis sparkles like the northern lights. http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...num=4&ct=title

considering everything else is matt I would go with AB to add a bit of umph
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Well its a wedding which is always glamorous! I would say why not go for these AB crystals on your jewellery. Sounds as if they would match nicely with deep purple and black - they are quite dark colours so it would be nice to have a little twinkle added to your outfit

Comment

AB=Aurora Borealis (at least I think that's how it's spelt!) it's a special coating that's put on a bead to reflect the light and I think it looks stunning! I have yet to use (or buy) coloured AB crystals but I adore the clear ones and in fact used them in my bouquet when I got married in January. I'd go for the AB if you want something extra special that'll catch the eye.

Hth,
                  Lorna x
                  Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

If it's to go with a colour don't go for the ABs................amethyst or purple velvet, or even tanzanite will be good, and the colour will be enough without the coating. Imagine dropping your crystals in oil and waiting for it to run off - that's what AB looks like!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter View Post
                      If it's to go with a colour don't go for the ABs................amethyst or purple velvet, or even tanzanite will be good, and the colour will be enough without the coating. Imagine dropping your crystals in oil and waiting for it to run off - that's what AB looks like!
                      That was my initial thought If it was with black it might work, but with purple, I don't want it to clash!

Comment

I confess to not being a fan of AB at all. Not least because they can look lovely to start with, but the coating does chip and scratch, and they can end up looking really quite nasty. Even storing them together where they can rub against each other is enough for this to happen.

I'd always stick to good colour matching and just go for the sparkle!
                        george
                        www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                        www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                        www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Thanks all, have gone for the non AB ones to be safe Now just have to go and buy the findings! I love buying things for a purpose..... me!

Comment

I prefere not to go with the AB either. Swarovski is beautiful, and has it's own natural shine. Personaly, I don't like using AB.
                            https://www.misi.co.uk/store_info.php?user_id=1957

Comment

Personally i hate the ab i think they look horrible and cheap (sorry if any of you use them) go for the full sparkly effectso much prettier especially for a wedding!

Comment

Working...
                              X