Bead Making Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bead Making Course

Does anyone know of a bead making course? I have been making my own jewellery for a while but really fancy making my own beads too. I live in the North East.

Hi Mushroom, welcome to the Forum. You don't say exactly where you are but sometimes colleges do courses in beadmaking. Alternatively, if you want to check out their websites, there are some established glass artists/beadmakers who do occasionally offer beadmaking tutorials. The second route does have the added advantage of you can see the kind of work they produce, but on the downside, this route is quite limited as they don't all do them all the time.

HTH
    Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

Hi

I do know that in my area, bakers take on students/learners for a few weeks - you can learn a lot - check out your local bakers.

hth

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I live in between Durham and Newcastle but looking online can only find things down south so not sure where to start. Will have a look on college websites etc

Comment

I did a course with Mike Poole a couple of years ago and loved it. Su and Mike are based in Todmorden, very friendly, patient, etc. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.tillermanbeads.co.uk/lamp...rse-p-229.html

Another one I know (not been to a class though) is Red Hot Sal but she's further south in Leicestershire. http://www.lampworkbeads.co.uk/redhotsal_teach.html
          Last edited by Bea; 15-02-2009, 11:53 PM.
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Thank you that is great! The both look really good. I have found out that the National Glass Centre in Sunderland does a one day course so I might enquire about that too.

Comment

If you can nip over to Carlise, Sooz and Andrew at the Bead Shed do glassy bead courses. Very friendly and helpful, and Andrew never needs an excuse to fire up the torch!
              www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                Hi

I do know that in my area, bakers take on students/learners for a few weeks - you can learn a lot - check out your local bakers.

hth

Jane
                Oh gawd!!! just realised that you were asking about bead making courses/ I read it as bread making - sorry - I should have gone to specsavers

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Lol!

I thought bakers must be some kind of craft chain that I'd never heard of!

Carlisle would be great I could get there on the train in about an hour or so. Will definately check that out.

Comment

Im sorry i dont know of any in the north east but i just had to share that i have a lesson with redhotsal (sally carver) in Leicestershire on Thursday! Never done it before and i am so looking forward to it!!
                    www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                    http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                    http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Lucky you Amy - Sally is totally fab, and an awesome beadmaker too
                      george
                      www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                      www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                      www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Hello! I ran across this thread and just had to post a reply. My name is Tim and I am a glass bead maker and instructor here in Florence, Italy. My wife Lily and I own a handmade bead & designer jewellery store here in addition to our glass studio.

I'm posting because we have had numerous people visit from the UK to take our beadmaking class by taking advantage of Ryan Air's super inexpensive airfare. One of my students who lived about 45 minutes outside London said that the total cost of flying to Florence for a 3-day course was cheaper than going into London for a single 8-hour course!

For more information just Google "beadmaking courses, italy" and you'll see us right there at the top! Or click on BeadedLilyGlassWorks.com in my signature.

Good luck!! Tim
                        BeadedLily UK Edition! (UK-Only Discount Coupons) www.BeadedLily.co.uk

Beads & Beading Supplies www.BeadedLily.com

Bead Making Courses in Florence, Italy www.BeadedLilyGlassWorks.com

Italian Tubular Wire Mesh Ribbon www.TubularWireMeshRibbon.com

Wearable Creations www.BeadedLilyDesigns.com

Comment

Working...
                        X