Storage Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage Ideas

I'm a big fan of Lush toiletries - cruelty free, made with lovely scented ingredients - and quite a few of their products come in sturdy black pots with screw lids. After a thorough washing out, I'm finding they make great storage for some of my beads - especially gold and silver seed and bugle beads which I buy in largish quantities and don't fit into some of the small storage pots that are sold. The pots aren't clear so I have to put labels on the outside but I find when I come to use the beads, they've picked up the scent of the product which was stored in there which gives them a lovely fragrance. Makes them even nicer to work with!

Anybody else got any good recycled storage ideas?
    Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

I have to say most of my beads are kept in old margarine tubs, biscuit tins etc some are kept abit more upmarket in an old belgian choc box. I separate everything into catagories so semi percious in one silver charms in another works fine for now
    leanne
    leanne

Folksy

Etsy

Facebook

Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Wildheart View Post
      I'm a big fan of Lush toiletries - cruelty free, made with lovely scented ingredients
      Please read the ingredient listing

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Can't add to your rep Jane (must spread some more around) but I do agree with you.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

Comment

Thanks Elaine

I know we sing from the same hymn sheet.

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Most of my mosaicing bits and pieces are stored in various washing tablet containers (the liquid capsule ones). Although my glass which I cut into strips, is kept in a sweetie tin. Some of the smaller pieces of glass are kept in margarine containers and my glue I downsize into a very small glass jar (originally used for tartare sauce)
            Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
              Please read the ingredient listing

Jane
              I don't ever go into Lush, so excuse my ignorance ... which bit isn't accurate - the 'cruelty free' bit or the 'lovely scented ingredients' bit??
              Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

I like the clear washing tablet container idea. Never thought of that - I usually punch holes in them and use them for my plants!

It's all my findings which are the real problem. I bought one of those storage drawer thingies which DIYers use for screws and nails but it's all getting rather disorganised and full and I don't want to buy anything bigger as I only have limited space in which to store all my craft materials. I did wonder about something like a spice rack but couldn't find any of the small glass jars to buy without spicy things in them - and I definitely don't want my materials to smell like that!
                Jane

Comment

Originally posted by cbld View Post
                  I don't ever go into Lush, so excuse my ignorance ... which bit isn't accurate - the 'cruelty free' bit or the 'lovely scented ingredients' bit??
                  I don't go into Lush - the smell is overpowering outside the doors.

It's the not so natural and not so green ingredients which they use in amongst the goodly ones. Off the top of my head - Sodiium Lauryl Sulphate, Propylene Glycol, Borax, Parabens.
                  ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                  website
                  blog

Comment

thats very interesting as they give the impression that their products are natural (i`m gutted i paid their prices for chemicals i thought i was avoiding)
                    cant get hubby withn 200yards of the place as it gives him a sore throat and attacks his sinus

Comment

Originally posted by just sally View Post
                      thats very interesting as they give the impression that their products are natural
                      This is what is called clever marketing - they do not give ingredient listings usually unless you ask for them - though they are listed in their magazine blurb.
                      Just because an item is advertised as "natural", "kind", "gentle", suitable for baby", please read the label.
                      I have even seen SA organic products full of chemicals, which I have never been able to get my head around?

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

they do not give ingredient listings usually unless you ask for them - though they are listed in their magazine blurb.
                        Wow - really?!! Do they not label their products in-store? Isn't that illegal? Had a quick look at their website and most ingredients were listed on there as far as I could see (don't quote me on that though - I didn't check the whole site!!!), if anyone wants to check it out and see what they really bought. Some of the reviews are v funny too - not exactly positive .... but at least honest:
                        https://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=80
                        Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Dear Wild at heart

I do apologise - I seem to have hijacked your question/post.
                          It is just the name Lush that get a few of us going.

Jane
                          www.just-soaps.com
                          Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

My lovely husband built me 2 big storage drawers inside a standard cupboard from Ikea - not exactly recycling or moveable! But I can keep all the colours together - I keep everything in the little bags the beads come in to begin with.... I move everything for 1 project into a plastic bead container and there you go!
                            "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                            Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                            http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dear Wild at heart

I do apologise - I seem to have hijacked your question/post.
                              It is just the name Lush that get a few of us going.

Jane

That's ok, Jane, I understand what it's like to feel strongly about something (I have arguments with my future mother-in-law about paying extra for free-range eggs when she's quite happy with cheaper, battery produced!). If I'd known it would provoke such a reaction, I wouldn't have mentioned them - I was just hoping I might find some good ideas for my ever expanding crafty bits collection!
                              Jane

Comment

Working...
                              X