Beads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beads

I want to buy some more beads but i have no idea what i want. I've browsed various sites looking for ideas but still cant decide. Give me some ideas please, you wonderful people .

I think beads by lilli? (correct me if I am wrong) posted a thread about next season's fashion somewhere.

I would see what is going to be fashionable/popular and maybe buy beads fitting that?

Or just go "window shopping" on the net finding out where all the yummy beadies are hiding
    www.beadlab.com

Comment

yup, it was indead beadsbylili who posted that. i might just ask for a selection of different items that co-inside with the fashion trends

Comment

I'm partial to red and faceted rondelles at the moment. Many customers ask for red or blue beads. I know they are out there but true red or true blue gemstones (in particular) are few. I think of lapis when I think blue and I think of ruby when I think red. Other than that most stuff has a lot of silica type colouration or is not real but manmade. The facetd rondelles in opalite are really beautiful and compliment darker stones nicely.
        Last edited by glasgowmike; 09-01-2009, 09:56 PM.
        Mike, The Bead Company
        www.thebead.co.uk
        7 Keith Street
        Glasgow G11 6QQ
        Find us on www.facebook.com/thebeadcompanyglasgow

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowmike View Post
          I'm partial to red and faceted rondelles at the moment. Many customers ask for red or blue beads. I know they are out there but true red or true blue gemstones (in particular) are few. I think of lapis when I think blue and I think of ruby when I think red. Other than that most stuff has a lot of silica type colouration or is not real but manmade. The facetd rondelles in opalite are really beautiful and compliment darker stones nicely.
          I'm quite the opposite - I go for greens, with some peacock shades, and I do like peridot and some of the agates.

Have you thought of dichroic glass pendants?
          ElaineJ soap and other stuff
          website
          blog

Comment

I'm into purple at the moment, especially amethyst. I also love teaming swarovskis with gemstones. I like the contrast and I think the crystals add that touch of bling that we women are soooooo fickle about.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Then add that some people are really into amber and others into pearls of all types then yet more really like the composite seed bead creations or Tibetan/Thai silver or Swarovski or Lamp Beads or...

Which leaves you back where you started.

Seriously though, go for whichever you're most comfortable with and develope your own style.
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

thanks everyone, i have emailed Mel at Beadsbylili to see if she can make up a selection incorporating 2009 styles and also valentines day, so will see what happens.

Iv never thought of using dichroic pendants before as, well i dont really know why, i guess i like simplisity and pendants and beads of just one colour, iyswim

Comment

Have you tryed Hobby craft ...... ok

Comment

I know this thread is a couple of days old but I felt just like you did, wanted some new inspiration but couldn't decide what. I ended up plumping for a mystery lucky dip package from Beads Direct so now waiting with bated breath every time the postman calls.....
                    Jane

If beads were still currency, I'd be a millionaire!

http://www.wildheartcrafts.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by glasgowmike View Post
                      I got some gorgeous dark blue obsidian beads from burhouse last week, made them up already...hehe...if you want a look they are in my album. called blue danube.
                      Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Working...
                      X