Slipknot instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slipknot instructions

Hi everybody. I today made my first slip knot necklace with cord and found instructions on youtube, but the video I found was very fast and complex and I had to watch it about 10 times to get it right and even though I am now wearing the necklace, (which can be viewed in my gallery), I wouldn't know how to do the slipknot again. I am happy to learn and make something visual that will help me in future, but wondered if anyone had any simple instructions on how to do this? Many thanks in advance.

Found two sets of instructions for you. First one is a very simple, basic knot

http://www.rubysbeadwork.com/SlidingKnots.html

Second one is a little more complicated

http://www.enchantedglyph.com/slipknot.htm

Hope these help.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Am I the only one who saw the thread title and was expecting something to do with a heavy metal band with masks?
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

I always wondered how to do those, thanks!
        Caz

www.pearlsandwhirls.co.uk

www.pearlsandwhirls.blogspot.com

Comment

Heavy metal? Omygoodness, you must have had too much sherry and have been squinting a bit! hehe...

Thanks for the links and they are all very useful!

I've cleaned the kitchen and made some pre-christmas arrangements in there and now I'm going to settle down to some beading and knotting for a couple of hours!

Comment

Originally posted by skylover View Post
            Heavy metal? Omygoodness, you must have had too much sherry and have been squinting a bit! hehe...
            Sober here. I too had to think twice on the heavy metal angle.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

You wasn't alone thinking it was the mask wearing heavy metal band, dont mind a bit of slipknot now and again I have a very eclectic taste in music

Comment

Mizgeorge I have 2 very good books which I can recommend for knots like the 2nd link. chinese knots for beading and celtic knots for beading

Comment

The Suzen Millodot ones - yes I like them too - but funnily enough for the button knots (both one and two corded) I prefer the patterns I found online!
                  george
                  www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                  www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                  www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                    Am I the only one who saw the thread title and was expecting something to do with a heavy metal band with masks?
                    I had to google slipknot to know what you were talking about maybe its cos I is blonde!
                    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Working...
                    X