Does anyone sell jewellery tools...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone sell jewellery tools...

...In the new year I will need a set of about 15 pliers for jewellery making (mix of round and flat), about 5 pairs of wire cutters, a load of findings and a load of beads. These are all for some workshops I am running enxt year.

Does anyone stock all these items and fancy doing me a good deal?

hiya
    if they are for workshops,it might be worth your while looking at the sets beadsmith do,they have a pack of 4 different pliers including cutters.they are only small but they were used at a workshop i went to and they went down a treat.
    just a thought if you don't have any luck
    I craft, therefore I am!
    for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
    www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
    now Live get your supplies here

Comment

I wouldn't recommend the mini tools - they are far too small to get a comfortable grip and end up hurting your palms. I'd even go as far as saying I don't even think they'd be ok for kids. The handles on them are only about 2" long so I reckon they're best suited to toddler sized hands and how many toddlers make jewellery!

I'd suggest looking in the poundshops first - 2 of the 4 tools I use were from there - and then at other places that sell tools, especially markets. We have a warehouse near us that supply market traders and such but OH has a card and we got other stuff from there for a few pounds. I wouldn't skimp on crimping pliers though as they do give a much better finish than just flattening crimps.
      Last edited by auntynet; 11-12-2008, 08:00 PM.
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Beads Direct have some good quality tools http://www.beadsdirect.co.uk/Tools+(...ery+Pliers.htm

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
          I wouldn't recommend the mini tools - they are far too small to get a comfortable grip and end up hurting your palms. I'd even go as far as saying I don't even think they'd be ok for kids. The handles on them are only about 2" long so I reckon they're best suited to toddler sized hands and how many toddlers make jewellery!
          Personal choice then as I use mine quite often (mostly when I can't find my other ones ) and I suffer from carpel tunnel so can only use ones that are comfortable
          As long as the ones used are affordable any should be good I suppose
          I craft, therefore I am!
          for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
          www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
          now Live get your supplies here

Comment

I buy my tools direct from the manufacturer so I can definitely give you a quote when you're ready.
            I used to stock the Beadsmith tools but when I got the samples from the manufacturer, they were better quality.
            I already supply people who run classes too.
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Just a thought, but if you get rosary pliers, you might save having to buy cutters as well (they are round nosed with a side cutter built in).
              george
              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

I buy these tools from online site and my experiance is good, They are just amazing.
                Mod edited signature - commercial advertising not welcome

Comment

Working...
                X