Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nylon beading thread.

Hello there everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with finding some nylon beading thread, which is a little bit thicker and stronger than the illusion cord variety? I'm not after the wired variety ('tigertail')
    I'd be using it for stringing medium-sized beads. I bought some in a bead shop a while ago but am not sure what it's called to be able to order some more.
    Thanks if anyone can help!

Helena xx

I've got KO thread for normal seedbeading, and Fireline for anything that might cut in, like Swaros or fire polish. http://beadsage.com

Comment

Thanks Peter, is the fireline like fishing line (see through ), but kind of flexible which is what I want? I don't think I'm explaining it very well.
      (Well done on your SRAJD feature by the way...)

Helena xx

Comment

Yes, is is fishing line! There's not a lot of difference in price, but fishing line tends to come in larger reels. Thanks for the comment!

Comment

Sounds like 'FireLine' that you need.

Comes in Crystal clear and Smoke grey colours

Debbie
          www.beadservice.net
          On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Originally posted by Beadservice View Post
            Sounds like 'FireLine' that you need.

Comes in Crystal clear and Smoke grey colours

Debbie
            That's what I just said.

Comment

Hello, I was looking for some good nylon to work with Swarovski and czech crystals. At the moment I'm using TITAN by Grauvell. I'm very happy with it, its finishin line too, but the other day the ring got caught with something and it broke.
              I was looking at fireline in internet but there're 3 or 4 different kinds of Fireline. Which one is the best for Swarovski and czech?

thanks!

Comment

We have a nylon thread called C-Thru B cord, it is 0.4mm translucent braided monofilament cord and is very strong and durable and it is also resistant to being worn by rough bead holes (you can buy it by the metre or on a reel)

Best wishes

Hannah
                WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
                Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

Hi.
                  Great thread, no pun intended. I have some fireline which is great, hangs well and doesn't kink but it is not as easy to work with as Tigertail or some fishing line type stuff that came with the first pack of seed beads I bought. It's too thick to use a needle and too fine to pick up seed beads easily. Should I be looking at something thicker than this 0.009"? If so what is best?
                  Thanks

Di.

Comment

Thanks for the answers. Its so difficult to find the better thread for your beadworks. I add your shop to my fave list. 0.4mm is too thick. I'll explain you what happened. I made a ring for my mother-in-law. I used Swarovski bicone 4mm topaz and some dark brown AB 2x effects ( i cant remember the name of the brown). The first thread I used was nylon 0.25mm / 50gr and the ring broke a few weeks later. When I saw it the metalic swarovski cut the nylon so that was the reason of the break. After this i went to a fishing shop and bought this TITAN 0.25mm/6kg and for my surprise it broke again for the same reason in some weeks after I re-made it!
                    I also had problems with the 6202 swarovski hearts, which cut the nylon if it's 0.25mm - 0.30mm (I tested it with those previous nylon I said above and the fireline crystal 0.25/17.5kg) The only thread that survives is 0.40mm.

Now I need to test fireline with some swarovski ab or ab 2x.

Since that I dont use swarovski bicone effects, but I also want to be sure I can use a "safe" thread

Comment

Are you sure one of the beading wires won't work? - they are very flexible and even come in an extra fine 0.25mm diameter (we stock Soft Touch Wire which is 7 strands of stainless steel wire coated in nylon, it is very flexible and fine - we suggest using it for pearls and beads with tiny holes) We are also going to be stocking the flexrite version in the next week or so.

Or you could use a bead reamer to smooth the edges of the beads - our bead reamer set comes with a 45 degree point for doing this.

Sorry I can't think of a better thread for you to use or another solution.... maybe someone else will come up with something?

Hannah
                      WWW.KERNOWCRAFT.COM

Kernowcraft Rocks & Gems Ltd
                      Your Destination For Gemstones & Jewellery Making - Since 1967

For jewellery making advice, call our friendly team on 01872 573888

FACEBOOK | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+

Comment

There's not a lot of difference in price, but fishing line tends to come in larger reels.
                        Gilmore Girls Seasons dvd
                        Supernatural dvd
                        Charmed dvd
                        Las vegas dvd
                        24 Hours dvd

Comment

Working...
                        X