Value for money but P&P make it expencive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value for money but P&P make it expencive

Iv been hunting around the internet for reasonable priced beads and findings,i must have looked at hundreds of websites by now but i have found some good prices ( 100 SP headpins for about £1 ) the only problem is the P&P on most websites is sometimes upto £10 as i live in the scottish highlands. Does anyone know of any websites that offer this kind of value for money but dont have the stupid P&P?

P.S; before anyone mentions ebay, i am not a fan so thats out of the question. ( personal preferance )

Thanks

Jake

Those charging the high rates are probably using carriers, who charge more for deliveries to Highlands & Islands, whereas it would be cheaper to use Royal Mail unless large quantities are being ordered (however members of another forum to which I subscribe are finding RM deliveries going astray - but "signed for" rarely does).

It might be that there's someone who lives near to a supplier who offers collection and then could post up to you - this involves trust so there may not be any offers, but you never know.

I'm overdue for a tour around Scotland visiting a few people but I don't know when otherwise I'd offer to bring you an order.
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

Comment

thanks for the offer and the info lol its snowing here so i dont think you want to come up just now

Comment

I have a Jeep Cherokee with All Terrain tyres.

When I do make the excursion I have to get to Edinburgh, Irvine, Cardross, Bonar Bridge, Helmsdale and Watten (bound to be somewhere near you getting round that lot).

I'll probably be taking ingredients for Indian/Asian cooking up to Watten, swapping various items in Cardross, calling in Tain to top up essential supplies and so a box of beads and findings would be no problem.

My email addy is in my profile - send me an email then I can put you in my address book.

BTW I have a Snowgoose jacket and padded waiscoat thingy.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

Comment

I used to live up the strath of Kildonan a few miles from Helmsdale (when I was a hippie and lived in a croft in the middle of nowhere!) Jake, what are you looking for in the way of findings and beads?
          http://www.westofscotlandcraftfairs.com

Comment

basically all i want is SP 2" headpins, SP calottes, SP crimp beads ( 2mm ), maybe some lengts of chain ( depending on price ) and not 100% sure on the beads yet.

Comment

I use www.beadsdirect.co.uk quite a lot for stuff. Their gemstones are beautiful, quick delivery and the web site doesn't mention extra costs for the Highlands. Hope that helps, Selina

Comment

We send all our orders by Royal Mail, and you have the option to send by Recorded (signed for) or Special delivery (guaranteed next working day) as well. So P&P starts from £0.85 for order value £10 and goes up to a mamimum of £5.50 for Special delivery.

There's no difference in price to different areas in the UK, it's the same price even to Scottish Islands such as Shetland.

Debbie
                www.beadservice.net
                On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

I use spellbound quite a lot when buying online and have never seen any thing saying it's extra for remote areas, and they are quick to get the orders out I put an order in tuesday evening for 200 eye pins and a bag of mixed beads and postman delivered my package this morning

Comment

Hi Jake - I used to live in Inverness but have moved to a small (teeny tiny!) village in Banffshire.

I use Jilly Beads - they charge 70p for the packaging, and then post it out First Class and calculate the postage on weight.

Also get findings, chain etc from Palmer Metals and they charge £2 for recorded delivery, on orders upto £75.

It's frustrating isn't it, when couriers say they can't deliver to the "Highlands" of Scotland for at least four days - yet they're able to deliver from Southampton to Manchester the next day. How far away do they think we are?
                    With love,
                    Daisy & Me
                    x

Our MISI Shop www.daisyandme.misi.me.uk
                    Our email address [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy & Me View Post
                      Hi Jake - I used to live in Inverness but have moved to a small (teeny tiny!) village in Banffshire.

I use Jilly Beads - they charge 70p for the packaging, and then post it out First Class and calculate the postage on weight.

Also get findings, chain etc from Palmer Metals and they charge £2 for recorded delivery, on orders upto £75.

It's frustrating isn't it, when couriers say they can't deliver to the "Highlands" of Scotland for at least four days - yet they're able to deliver from Southampton to Manchester the next day. How far away do they think we are?
                      Thanks exactly my problem Daisy.

thanks for all the help everyone

Comment

I live in Northern Ireland and often have found things tobe more expensive to post here.

However, I have used all the sites people have posted about here, plus a few more and have never been charged extra. I have also had fast delivery.

I find "Just Beads" super fast - always receiving next day delivery here, via the normal first class post. If I am in a hurry, I always use them.

I have had one recorded delivery bead item go astray, and one non-bead recorded delivery go astray in the past few weeks - but that is probably a local problem.

Comment

cheap beads and findings

I have a range of website for cheap beads and findings

Good service , good value for P&P and goods. Full range of Swarovski product.

Comment

Hi Jake - I moved to the South of France to get away from the british weather and this is my view out of my window today - Snow AGAIN !

I get mad about postage too that's why I charge £1.50 per order or free for orders over £15 - it's swings and roundabouts, sometimes the postage works out cheaper and others I take the hit. Unfortunately I don't do silver plated findings though.

Shipwreck beads refund a small percentage of postage costs for customers outside US and will send via the post rather than the dratted couriers with their high charges and certain customs fees.
                            My Website - www.lavidalerie.com
                            FaceBook Page- www.lavidalerie.com/JewelleryMakingHolidaysandWorkshops.html
                            I'm new to blogging so please be gentle - www.lavidaleriesilverjewellery.wordpress.com

Comment

I do realise this thread is a couple or so months old but ..... Wow, what a view from LaVidalverie'
                              Carol
                              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X