wine glass charms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wine glass charms

I've sold 14 of these this week plus my sister may want 6 if I can find the right animal print charms
    my question is do you do anything to stop the beads moving about on the wine glass rings or should they just move freely ??
    www.sunrisecards.co.uk
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

It's totally up to you how you do the wine glass rings. I do them for weddings, christenings etc I don't normally fill the whole ring up. It's really down to your individual style.

To stop the beads moving you could try applying glue to a couple of seed beads either side of the dangle. I think it's part of the charm that the beads move. Gravity will come into play and tends to keep the beads togther.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

thank you off to make my orders up now
      yours are lovely by the way
      www.sunrisecards.co.uk
      http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

hi
        just out of interest, do you use memory wire lops to make the charms? the finish is fantastic! I usually sell quite a lot of these especially around Christmas time, just wondered what other types of rings there are available?
        x
        I craft, therefore I am!
        for hotfoiled cardmaking goodies
        www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk
        now Live get your supplies here

Comment

I use memory wire in ring size and a good pair of round nose pliers. The beads are swarovski.
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I have a very dangly Deco design which I like to keep it's shape, as when they all split up it looks a bit funny, for those ones I use a dab of bead glue on the end beads.

The rest I let move freely.
            "Buffys Charms" my lil ol' Blog

Buffys Charms Website

Comment

If I use my mini round nose pliers will the memory wire damage them? People say use strong ones and am not sure mini ones will be good enough
              flickr
              blog
              my website
              etsy

Comment

Don't use your goodtools on memory wire you will ruin them.
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Think I need to polish up my memory wire bending skills as mine don't look half as neat as those above. I have tried on sooo many occasions and failed using bead glue, I got on really well with beadalon glue the first time I used it but since then I think I offended it and it fell out with me as I seem to end up covered in the stuff with the beads still sitting there laughing at me by falling off...at least thats how it feels anyway lol.
                  Is there a better brand?
                  Thanks in advance x
                  I craft, therefore I am!
                  www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                    Don't use your goodtools on memory wire you will ruin them.

If your good tools are any good memory wire shouldn't do them any harm but it is worth keeping a pair of cutters for just the memory wire as they will take the edge off sharp cutters then you have problems cutting other wire

Comment

Originally posted by shiner View Post
                      If your good tools are any good memory wire shouldn't do them any harm but it is worth keeping a pair of cutters for just the memory wire as they will take the edge off sharp cutters then you have problems cutting other wire
                      What????................I have............no, had, good cutters. I now have good cutters with little notches in the blades! Fork out for memory wire cutters - why waste your good stuff?

Comment

I have these big cutters for floristry wires, they cut thru the coloured aluminium stuff and I also use them on memory wire with no problem - I discovered this by accident heehee
                        I craft, therefore I am!
                        www.fuchsiafairy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X