Rude bead lady

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude bead lady

I was in a certian bead shiop in Edinburgh today (better not say which one) but I walked out very unhappy as the service was shocking. Barely got acknowledged when I went in, and I was the only customer. Whem I left I said, thanks, bye. The lady went bye in a really bored voice and didnt even look up from her maaagazine. This would put me off going back and I will look for other shops in future.

Sorry to hear your first visit to the bead shop was not the best, but it could just be that she was having a bad day. And yes, we all know that she should not take her problems to work, but sometimes...
    My first experience in my local bead shop was not very welcoming either. The woman behind the counter seemed just grumpy and uninterested in any of it. I have continued to go there, and I do chat to her loads now and she is even very helpful when asked about beading.
    So, my advice, don't get too wound up about it, maybe next time she will be more polite, you never know.
    Monica
    Your mind, like a parachute, works better when it's open.

Comment

wasnt the first time I been in. Was about the 4th. Hope shes in a better mood tomorrow and doesnt scare away anymore people

Comment

Bead Shop

I sell beads in my shop, I always say hello to whoever comes in and do my best to be cheerful. If I was grumpy or rude I just wouldn't have any regular customers and shop work is fun anyway.
        Chris W.
        x
        Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

I pm'ed you, but the gist of the reply was......

I would be in my absolute element if I got to work in a bead shop, spend all day surrounded by beads and people interested in beads.......

I was always good at retail, I worked as a checkout chick whilst at uni and used the old, "would you like fries with that" selling technique employed by the nations favourite burger retailer and managed to sell all sorts of crazy stuff to people....... "I think you need some beans with that, ooh, and possibly a bottle of tomato sauce, ooh and see that over there, you need one of them....." I found it amusing!

Why oh why am I in this job? I don't get to sell anything!
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

I can understand your annoyance at the way you were treated but it wouldnt stop me from buying anything if I really wanted it.
            Just buy what you want but dont say thanks or bye when you leave.
            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

I'm a stubburn old $&@*& (They have milked nicer ladies in Guersey) and I would cut my nose off to spite my face but I would not put money in the pocket of anyone that treated me like that.
              Before you all fall on me with your swords I know that is not the right attitude so I must be a bit sensitive to atmosphere.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                I'm a stubburn old $&@*& (They have milked nicer ladies in Guersey) and I would cut my nose off to spite my face but I would not put money in the pocket of anyone that treated me like that.
                Before you all fall on me with your swords I know that is not the right attitude so I must be a bit sensitive to atmosphere.
                I'm with you Carol I'd not go back again.
                "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                  I'm with you Carol I'd not go back again.
                  I see Goldi there is quite a few of us on Guersey then lol.
                  Carol

Comment

I think there must be a whole herd of us, It takes nothing to be courteous, even if life is rubbish, and believe it or not if you smile it helps lift your mood
                    Annette

Comment

where do these people learn customer service?
                      Threadless
                      craft ideas

Comment

Originally posted by ericajones80 View Post
                        where do these people learn customer service?
                        I'll tell you a funny about Customer Service.
                        I had aged Aunt out shopping in her wheelchair. I needed a nose clip for swimming so wheeled her into JJB Sports Shop. (I'm sure you hacve heard of them). I hadn't got the front wheels over the doorstep when this young, very keen assistant pounced on us. "Can I help" she said. Well I couldn't resist it so replied "Yes please, a pair of running shoes for the lady here" pointing down to the wheelchair. "What size" she asked heading up the shop!!!!!!!
                        Carol

Comment

I bet she wasn't the shop owner. If it's quiet and she's reading a magazine you'd think she'd want to chat.
                          Customer service is so important in a competitive market, it's a shame people who deal directly with customers lack it.

Don't forget it's the Perth Bead fair on 31st August (we can't make it but there's a room full of traders and you are advised to book a ticket in advance).
                          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Where I work (retail) I spend a lot of time sitting and reading, so don't always say hello to everyone who walks through the door, but at the same time I like to think I'm friendly and helpful - have a lot of regulars who come back again and again.

If I'm being served from someone who appears grumpy, my usual response is "bad day?" people like to be acknowledged and sometimes just need someone to vent to a little bit if they've had a long/bad day or whatever. It takes 2 seconds to listen and they usually perk up a lot, and you end up with much better service as a bonus

Comment

I have to say the women in my local bead shop are not that friendly either. Im in there pretty regularly but they dont seem to aknowledge i exist. They are so busy making things at their table you actually have to ask them if you can pay....
                              www.AREjewellery.etsy.com
                              http://arehandmadejewellery.blogspot.com/
                              http://www.folksy.com/shops/AREjewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X