How to make a Mobile Phone Charm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a Mobile Phone Charm???

Hi everyone. I am involved in organising our youth club girls camp. We want a few crafts ready for the quiet!! moments. The 60 girls are 12+ and I thought we could do phone/ipod charms does anyone have any suggestions on these. I love the ones with flip flops etc but our budget is tight, as you would expect, so I guess I will delve into my beads and then top them up with some nice focal beads. Not sure of construction so HELP !!

Hi,
    I've just been having a look and could only find selling sites.
    http://www.cardsandcraft.co.uk/jewellery/493-mobile-phone-charm-loops.html

When I made mine I just did it like I was making a pendant only instead of using chain I thread it onto a really thin ribbon, the ends looked a little tatty where I'd tied it so I changed it for a longer piece and popped a few extra beads on them to make a feature of them instead of trying to hide them!
    Worked out quite nice, until I lost my phone so I can show you a piccy sorry.

Hope this helps a little with some ideas

take care
    Jode xx
    To see our handmade bath and beauty productcs, all made with fair trade organic oils and butters, please click the link to our Etsy shop below:
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5184519

Love & Bubbles
    Jode
    x

Comment

Hi, you can buy the little loop thingies in any hobby craft shops (hint hint) they come in packs of 25 I think. Then you just add a charm or a few beads as you would with a charm bracelet.
      www.littlebead.blogspot.com
      www.twitter.com/littlebead

Comment

I have made them for charity sales, I scrounged broken or disliked dangle earrings. and bought the pre packed hoops. They went very well. Good luck. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

The strings I bought have a split ring at the bottom. I just add one or two headpins with a few beads on or a few bits of chain with beads and charms attached. Very easy for beginners and teenagers love them - I did a demo for my neice's class in senior school (12-13 year olds) and they were thrilled to bits cos they'd made them themselves.
          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GN7iBf-6is

Hope it helps !
            Mel

Comment

Where to get the dangly cord bits.

Hello,
              Don't know if this helps but I got some of the black cord bits with split rings on the end that are meant to be for mobile phone charms really cheaply from someone on ebay - the only thing is they've closed their shop there and now they have a website. You could e-mail them and see if they have any going cheap.
              Not sure but I think the e-mail is [email protected]
              They could have some cheap charms as well.
              Hope this is of some use.
              Cardtouche
              beasbeads.com - For affordable Miyuki beads

Comment

Thanks for all your help and I have got together your ideas. Glad the idea went well with 12-13yr olds as I will be working with some that age. I have now bought the phone straps 110 for £6.50. i have also bought some split rigs and some head pins. I have bought some focal beads then raided my beads to create a Bead Soup for them, lots to choose from. hadn't thought about buying some chain I might check that out. Many thanks everyone.

Comment

hi
                  is that you rosemary
                  Love Chaze2k7 xx

Comment

Thanks for posting that you-tube video - that one is really awsome!

Comment

Working...
                    X