Attaching this clasp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching this clasp

I'm very sorry to bother you all with this as I'm sure you've heard it before. However I have a clasp and I can't for the life of me find out how I'm supposed to attach it. I'm new to beading so forgive my ignorance.

I cannot post a picture because this forum doesn't allow me to before 25 posts. So I guess I'll have to describe them until I'm able to post a picture.
    ...There's what looks like a blunt pin with a loop at the end.
    And another piece that is flat with a hole at the top but two sides point upwards (im pressuming those are what you press down to seal) and the other is a clasp.

Thank you

Is it part of a kit?

What is it going to be attached to?
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

To attach most clasps to beading wire you would ideally need to use crimp beads.
      Chris W.
      x
      Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Sounds like you have got a 'Fold over end' that you attach to cord, such as flat suede

If I'm picturing the correct item, all you need to do is place the cord in it, and fold the sides down on top of one another. The little prong helps grip the cord to prevent it from slipping back out.

You then attach something like a lobster or caribiner with a jump ring or split ring to it's ring as a fastener .

If I'm picturing the wrong item you could give us a reference where you bought it, and once seen we'll be on the right track.

Debbie
        www.beadservice.net
        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Originally posted by Randi View Post
          There's what looks like a blunt pin with a loop at the end. And another piece that is flat with a hole at the top but two sides point upwards (im pressuming those are what you press down to seal) and the other is a clasp.

Thank you
          The first item sounds like an eyepin... the next one a cord tip and your clasp. So, maybe take a look at my you tube videos (link under my signature) as there are lots of videos showing how to use various bits of jewellery findings and maybe that will help !
          Mel

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X