Using beads with ribbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using beads with ribbon?

I'd love to use ribbon with some pearls I have - mainly to thread the pearls on then tie knots around them. However, no matter how thin the ribbon is, I can't thread the pearls on there.

I've got myself a bead reamer to make the holes in the pearls bigger, but still doesn't help.

Has anyone else got experience of making something this way?

thanks!
    Sarah

Beading silk

The only thing I can think of is beadalon beading silk with the wire on the end, this is great for stringing pearls, the only pearls I have come across with large enough holes for ribbon would be artificial ones.
    Chris W.
    x
    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

I think I can picture what you are trying to do but I'm not sure how much success you would have reaming large holes in pearls. I had a slightly different approach which was to make each pearl into a little 'charm' and then knot them onto a ribbon...

(ignore the pinky tone of the pic - was having an arty moment when I did this one - lol )

HTH
      Mel

Comment

I think the idea sounds lovely, but I must admit that Freshwater pearls have very small holes, and most glass pearls only have 1mm hole.

I think it might be better knotting them onto 'beading silk thread' but it won't be the same effect

Good luck

Debbie
        www.beadservice.net
        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Working...
        X