X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finta
    replied
    Originally posted by newcrafter24 View Post
    Thanks Mel - oh and by the way I am finding your video tutorials very useful indeed and posted a link in another thread earlier today for someone else!!

Thanks!!

I have to agree - I've just had a look. Very nice video tutorials! I keep thinking I'd really like to have a go at jewelry making - but don't ever know where to start. Your vids have deffinatly inspired me!

Leave a comment:

• Beadservice
    replied
    I think they've used a short length of chain,
    and then attached beads with heads pins to each link of the chain.
    They've wire wrapped each bead, but you could just make loops

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• ladyluckjewellery
    replied
    Hi Newcrafter24,

As beadsbylili says, it looks like the beads have been attached to a series of jump rings to make them 'staggered' I've done a pendant in a very similar way.

The advantages to wire wrapping as opposed to just turning a loop are that it does look a little nicer (unless you're like me and can't quite get it neat!!) and it will be more secure if you happen to catch a bead on your hair or clothes, a loop could twist undone - although I've only ever had one do that.

Hope that helps,

Claire

Leave a comment:

• BeadsbyLili
    replied
    Brilliant ! Glad to help

Leave a comment:

• newcrafter24
    replied
    Thanks Mel - oh and by the way I am finding your video tutorials very useful indeed and posted a link in another thread earlier today for someone else!!

Thanks!!

Leave a comment:

• BeadsbyLili
    replied
    Hi there, looking at the picture I would say that each of the 5 beads per earring are wire wrapped individually first (which does look nice) and then attached to about 3 jump rings which are looped together to make a short 'chain' from the loop on the earring finding. The the first wire wrapped bead would be attached to the very bottom jump ring and then the other 4 staggered 'up' the jump rings to the top. Hope that makes sense !

Leave a comment:

• newcrafter24
    started a topic How would youmake these?

How would youmake these?

For cluster earrings such as these, how would go about making them? Are each of the individual beads made separately first then hooked on to a series of jump rings? Or are they on a headpin or a length of chain - difficult to tell? I want to try and get earrings to "sway" rather than being stationary on a straight headpin - does this make sense?

Also, is there any advantage to wrapping the loop rather than just making a simple loop - is it just to make it look nicer?

Thanks

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=11308455
Working...
X