Posting Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Images

I find it quite frustrating that I can't post images until I have made 25 entries. All this means is that I am looking for things to say to get up to that level!
    Bob

It's to make sure anyone posting pictures of their products/ crafts etc is committed to being a forum member, the fly-by-nights have usually found somewhere else by then! Hard, but if you'd seen the forum before we got issued with guns you would have understood!!
    peter

Comment

Hi Peter,
      Well, I am nearly there anyway now & I do have a surfeit of images. I suppose the only thing that would drive me off a forum is if no-one ever talked to each other, but that certainly isn't the case here where everyone seems very helpful & chatty.
      Bob

Comment

We used to let people post sites and picture from post 1.. What happen was mass advertising.. People adding links and pictures then moving on.. If you look at many other forums your see that..

This is not a classifieds site its a community and most people online and in the real world get a feeling for the community before exposing themselves..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

They'll be Worth Waiting for....

Originally posted by Shipbuilder View Post
          Hi Peter,
          Well, I am nearly there anyway now & I do have a surfeit of images. I suppose the only thing that would drive me off a forum is if no-one ever talked to each other, but that certainly isn't the case here where everyone seems very helpful & chatty.
          Bob

Bob, it's the suspense....we'll be desperate to see the pics once you get to 25! Like kids on Christmas morning...

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts
          www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Bob's Blog is lovely and so is his wife's with the miniature paintings, I was just showing my fella yesterday, such intricate and beautiful work

Shaz x
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!
            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Thanks for replies. I am afraid the Distance Selling regulations have really put a stop to my small model business & I am only building for pleasure these days. The seller has no rights at all. If a model is damaged or lost, it is the responsibilty of the seller to refund in full, including transport costs. At the same time, it is against the rules to pass any insurance costs on to the buyer! Can't find any realistic insurance anyway so, with retirement age looming in less than a year, I have decided to "call it a day." I don't suppose I will stop altogether because there will probably always be people in the UK who are prepared to "collect," in which case DSR rules do not apply.
              Anyway, here is another one for you to look at. British troopship DILWARA, sold at a London auctioneers some time ago.
              Bob
              http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1427/dilwara11finished6fn.jpg

PS
              I can't seem to put a picture on anymore, so it is just a link.

Comment

Your model is excellent - so much detail for being so small. You are very talented and it is a real shame that you need to stop selling because of the regulations.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

That's a fantastic work of art Bob. I hope you won't have to give up selling. I consider some of the rules and regulations to be unreasonable for crafters and small traders. They should be encouraging people not making it so difficult.
                  Bren
                  Bren
                  www.digby-bears.co.uk

Comment

Another lovely piece of work Bob. Sorry about the business side of things, i'm aware of many original dollartists suffering through lack of protection for sellers too. it seams there is no happy balance for buyers and sellers so all are protected.
                    Sue
                    www.susiedolls.com
                    www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Bren & Sue,
                      Yes, there really are big problems now they are about to enforce the rules. It seems that the buyer gets 100% rights, but the seller gets 0%! I have taken it simply as someone else making the decision for me to retire & enjoying it accordingly. I don't want to display my full name & address on either my own website or Ebay, so that was the first problem. Even worse was the fact that if I sent a model ship overseas & it got damaged or destroyed (or even if the buyer simply changed their mind), I would be legally obliged to refund all the payment including transit costs & then pay more transit costs to get the remains back! Getting reasonable transit insurance for things like ship models is virtually impossible & it is against the rules to pass on insurance costs to the buyer. It is no longer worth all the worry. I can't imagine I will stop building them, but it will be "personal collection only" from now on.
                      I would have thought it reasonable to have two options for overseas delivery:

1. Uninsured delivery by mutual agreement. Buyer takes the risk & in
                      the event of loss or damage, costs split 50 - 50 between buyer &
                      seller.
                      2. Fully insured, with buyer paying half insurance costs.

Both of these options would still result in price rises for the finished product. Unfortunately, it appears to be against the rules to even come to some private agreement with the buyer.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                      X