Business Name! Any ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Name! Any ideas??

Hi! So i don't need a name straight away as i'm only making bits and bobs for myself and friends/family at the moment but want to start thinking about it if all goes well. I want to get it right so want time to get a good one!

It's going to be shabby chic/rustic/vintage home decorations. Mainly made from wood and recycled jars etc like photo frames, candle holders etc.

I want something fun/girlie/romantic

preferably without the word 'wood' in it!

I have a lifestyle blog which is called 'Lived With Love' and i was going to just use that but i want something new and prettier if that makes sense!

I have thought of 'Handmade With Love' but again i think thats just a bit typical!

Looking forward to your ideas! Thanks

Kerry xx

It is really hard to make suggestions for someone else's business, especially without knowing the person or their work...but to save disappointment before you get too attached to any idea it is worth checking to see if the domain name is already taken...and to check that any extension variations do not have businesses or sites attached that are in direct competition with your idea or have content that is less than desirable

Comment

I made a very time and expensive mistake of being too limiting and narrow in the name I took on 8 years ago. I didn;t know what lines I would be making in the future.
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

thanks! that is a good idea!

Comment

that is a good point, i may just go with 'lived with love' or 'Crafted with love' etc then as that fits with anything i may make in the future, i only make things i love! thanks

Comment

Google all the names you come up with before settling on one because I have seen numerous 'Handmade with Love" and the like.

I chose BlueShedCrafts because I do lots of different crafts and worked in a blue shed in the garden for two years. Just saying as it helps you think in a different way.
            ~ Rachael
            My etsy Shop Blog

Comment

I agree about the "with love". You would have an awful lot of competion to get to the top pages on a google search as it's such a used phrase. There are ;loats of businesses with the name or tag and then there are dozens of charms saying handmade with love and made with love etc that would also confuse the searches.
              I would be tempted to go unique rather than follow the crowds as if you wanted to expand, blog, facebook, twitter etc under your name, it would be very difficult if you were run of the mill.
              full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
                I agree about the "with love". You would have an awful lot of competion to get to the top pages on a google search as it's such a used phrase. There are ;loats of businesses with the name or tag and then there are dozens of charms saying handmade with love and made with love etc that would also confuse the searches.
                I would be tempted to go unique rather than follow the crowds as if you wanted to expand, blog, facebook, twitter etc under your name, it would be very difficult if you were run of the mill.

I do agree! I have come up with a few suggestions, some are fairly typical like 'Chic Gift Boutique' and 'Original Opulence' and some more personal like 'Pink Elephant Gifts' (my fav colour & animal) but not sure which path to take still!

Comment

In the words of Elvis, and I'm not really a fan by the way. How about Wooden Heart or Wood 'n' Heart.
                  Ok..I'll get my coat!

Kath

Comment

Like Wood 'n' Heart very much!
                    Heather
                    Pretty Things Handmade Jewellery

Website - www.prettythingsjewellery.co.uk

Destash bead and papercrafting shop - http://www.misi.co.uk/handmade/BlackCatBeads.html

New blog - www.prettythingsandwitterings.blogspot.com

Comment

How about "wooden it be nice"
                      Carole x
                      www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mama View Post
                        How about "wooden it be nice"
                        That would make me think all the good are made of wood.

Comment

Handmade style. I love the word "style"!
                          I am a business who like to make friends and learn more about science.

Comment

How about Crafty Creations.

Comment

Just reading over your original post, where you said you're currently making 'bits and bobs' and you want a name that's 'pretty',

How about 'Pretty Bits and Bobs'

Maybe a bit long? Other than that I like your Pink Elephant idea, it's different and personal to you.
                              Happywrap - Reusable Fabric Gift Wrap

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/happywrap

Comment

Working...
                              X