European directory - craft suppliers who send out of UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European directory - craft suppliers who send out of UK

I'd love an accessible list of craft suppliers who send out of the UK. Whilst I can speak/read French OK, its much easier in English and I have often spent time searching for great supplies, only to find the supplier only sends to UK. Sadly I now have to start with the postage section, so restricting my choice of supplier. What do other European crafters do? French suppliers are fairly few and far between in my experience.....

I buy fabric from France with no problems and am sure there are suppliers in the UK who post to Europe. What items are you looking for this may help narrow down suppliers for you.

Comment

Suppliers who only sell to the UK are, to put it bluntly, pretty bonkers. The whole of Europe is available with no problems in terms of customs, duty, forms or whatever. Just slightly higher postage. I really do not understand why they would not ship outside the UK. I sell all around the world.

Comment

I sell overseas and charge postage at cost. Sending to Europe is still a good deal (the majority of my parcels cost under a fiver to send) but the rest of the world is a different matter and I'm soon going to stop selling outside of Europe as the postage costs are getting ridiculous. For outside Europe I charge a maximum of £20 and once upon a time this would more than cover it, now I'm increasingly finding orders of £50 are costing me about £30 or more to send to America or Australia.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

It might be their websites are restricting them working out and displaying overseas postage. (Mine drives me bonkers and that's just for the UK.) If you see something you really want it might be worth contacting the shop and asking. My suppliers do fantastic deals for me and I sort things out for my EU and non EU customers.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, I agree with you Pearlescence, I'm happy to send wherever from here in France. Sometimes the postage charges make your eyes water though! Those companies don't get my business. I would certainly ask in future if I really wanted a specific item from someone, so thanks for that idea too Annieanna. I am also going to scour the ads in French craft mags.....

Comment

Working...
            X