• Show
Clear All

• Recycling section ?

Anyone doing recycled crafts ?

Any other sections missing ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Do you mean what we use to make our crafts ?

Cheers Janice
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Read a fair amount on "recycled crafts" e.g. crafts from plastic bags etc..

I guess not enough of guys do it ?

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Mine are old minging horseshoes. Au natural . The way they come out of the field.

Took one to a show once to explain how they went from rusty old horsehoes to what they are on the stand and the crafter next to me asked me to stop showing it to people because it was dirty.

Cheers Janice
        www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I would love to get into making beads/jewellery from recycled items, would sit rather nicely with my day job (Environmental Scientist) where I look at such things as waste management and contaminated land.

My favourite necklace is made from recycled glass beads, (beads made from recycled glass, rather than just recycled beads).

I also saw crocheting from plastic bags, which I am going to try, definitely got enough plastic bags!

A recycling section would be great!
          www.beadlab.com

Comment

I would love a recycling section!! Give me an excuse to read lots of blogs and post nice things there! And of course I like recycling so yes please!!
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

I sometimes reuse picture frames. I can get some quite nice deep frames for my quilling cheap if I go to a cheap shop (like Wilkos) and remove whatever "picture" has been put inside... but that's about the extent of recycling.
              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I reuse used Christmas cards - make other cards, tags, mini notebooks, boxes; glass jars for my chutneys and jellies; any bits of decorative stuff from various wrappings - buttons, ribbons etc; unpick hand made knitwear and crochet stuff and reuse the yarn, buy old and broken jewellery from car boots and charity shops and reuse the beads; also cut down items of clothing if suitable and make scented sachets.

I think that's about all in the craft line, but I recycle and reuse wherever possible in the house.

Linda

Comment

....I'd like a recycling section too so I can find good sources for recycled packaging etc. I send out too many to make my own.
                  Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
                  Dichroic Glass Tutorials
                  Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Count me in on this too. I am currently using old jumpers for felting and reusing as either bags of embellishments. Also just snaffled a load of my Mum-in-laws buttons and sewing stuff. I always keep and re-use packaging for posting things out and do the Christmas/birthday card recycling bit too. I think it is great to give something a new lease of life.......it's "make do and mend" as my granny would say!!

Roie

Comment

Recycling Section???---YES!

A recycling section would be fantastic! I love using old magazine papers and make them into envelopes. A bit lacking at the mo and those magazines are piling up day by day! I've also recycled clothes, customizing them and making look extra good. I have also been using plastic tags recycling them into pendants. And the plastic seals you get from bottles and jars and cartons??? I make them as earrings and pendants. There is still so many more other things I would like to experiment to be recycled into amazing pieces of art work.

Comment

I recycle anything I can get my hands on. Then I transform them into reusable stationery.
                        I am now working on notebooks which can be used again and again.
                        Reusablestationery.com
                        Let's all reduce household waste!

Comment

Working...
                        X