Painting Forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting Forum!

Can we have a painting forum. I like to paint using oils...the jury's still out on how great I am, but I enjoy and thats what counts

I'm quite new to using them and always have lots of questions. It would be great if there was a forum for advice and the like.

ty
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Good idea.
    The owner of this forum is back form his hols next week you can contact him then, 0103 Media by the way.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

I paint and always feel very welcome even though I am probably in a minority. Having said that there are people who paint things other than canvases. I come on here because everyone is so friendly and relaxed. There are still many ways you can get involed when on here, looking forward to seeing some of your work.....
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

there's quite a few of us on here.
        I'm one and Beadsgae is one!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          there's quite a few of us on here.
          I'm one and Beadsgae is one!
          Now the painters are 'coming out' I sure we'd love to see some of your work
          Amanda
          xx

Comment

I came out and went back in again, most of my paintings went to the local tip in a fit of artistic temperament! If it was good enough for Georgia O' Keefe...................

Comment

Originally posted by Beadsage View Post
              I came out and went back in again, most of my paintings went to the local tip in a fit of artistic temperament! If it was good enough for Georgia O' Keefe...................

He he! I know all about that one too! I rarely really like what my paintings look like and have thrown some away, much to the annoyance of one of my friends!

I have however been commisoned for a painting....Thomas the tank engine, a xmas present for my nephew! not quite the abstract i'm usually in to! lol
              Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Any news if we can get a painting forum?

x
                Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Would be a great idea! I paint wood,funiture, canveses,and really anything that doesn't move lol.Most of the time I do not like what I paint but seam to sell most of it .Would love to see a form on painting
                  Shabby Neesey

Comment

Missed this thread..

I'll have a look ..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Thankyou!!!
                      Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Live...

Along with a few more

Enjoy!

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

effort it takes to create a work of art

All right, recently I went to the HoustonArt Museum. I'm not expert, but I have half a sense of art appreciation. If I don't get it on an artistic level, I can at least appreciate the craft, attention to detail, time and effort it takes to create a work of art. Then there was the modern art. I couldn't understand it, nor could I appreciate the craft as it all looked so much like a rush job. How is a canvas with painted squares art? Am I missing something, or is modern art simply a statement that there is nothing left to explore?
                          10 years anniversary gifts

Comment

I'm going to copy your post and create a thread in the painting forum....it may get a bigger response, and it belongs there i think!
                            Sophie.x

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

I paint too.....but china paints, thats how my dolls are painted. but I also use lots of other paints for dolly things.....haven't a clue what I'm doing very often LOL. so a place to ask questions would be great.
                              Sue
                              www.susiedolls.com
                              www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X