Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

beginners, intermediate, pro posting AND an extra recycling idea..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginners, intermediate, pro posting AND an extra recycling idea..

Hey

As a newbie to crafting and this forum I would appreciate if there could be a section for crafts for beginners or even just a way of highlighting posts as something that is easy to do for beginners/intermediates and crafting pro's so when you search lots of good ideas come up for novices such as me

I have also seen a blog with whole recycling help board where you can post what you have and people can help you come up with something to do with it as well as showing you amazing ideas they have done with similar things, at least it will make searching the site easier if you arent allowed to do something similar as another site. Its good fun trying to come up with a creative use for everything...

Obviously these are all aimed at helping newbies like me with crafting and ideas as there are some really talented and creative people on here its nice to get support!! I didn't realise I could have some many ideas until everyone here inspired me

KayleighAnn
    My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

It's a lot easier to classify things through craft type rather than level of craft. That doesn't mean that you won't be able to find what you need. Just post asking about it and our friendly members will be able to help. Just remember we were all beginners at some stage!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I wonder if tags is a way to semi-organize the posts in the various rooms...if we all put tags on our posts more often (maybe most people do, I don't know) and some used the tags "beginner candle making" or what-have-you, would that bring up more pertinent results for a beginner at something?

What I do know about tags is that once you have posted your post, you can't go back and add tags later. I always forget to do it first...

Comment

W"ho judges whether we are beginners, intermediate or experts? There are some who have been crafting for ages who perhaps would consider themselves as beginners or intermediate, others who may think they are experts but are not and so on. I agree with sticking to craft types as we have now and then we will have the experts looking at our work as well. As Natty says most of us are more than willing to offer advice and help and most of us are in need of it at some time, experts included.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

It is sometimes a bit of a trawl for someone looking for how to get started, as there is SO MUCH on here...and I have noticed (done it myself) that some poeple reply that a newbie should have a good trawl through everything...but I think tags might be useful in finding the more beginner oriented posts for them when they do a search. HOWEVER, if someone searched, for example, "beginning candle making," would they get every post with the word "beginning" in it? That would certainly be of no use. Or would it bring up the combination "beginning candlemaking."

I wonder, BBD, if there's a way there could be a search function in each craft section ... ?? Would that narrow results a bit?

Comment

I have also seen a blog with whole recycling help board where you can post what you have and people can help you come up with something to do with it as well as showing you amazing ideas they have done with similar things,
            I would love to see that...do you have a link please?

Comment

Its a forum not a blog! Sorry should have fixed that, Im not allowed to post forum links according to the rules. Sorry again
              My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

Comment

Bless your heart - a newbie who has read the rules!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                  Bless your heart - a newbie who has read the rules!!!!!!!!

What rues are those Susan? Do we have rules? Oh dear. LOL

Pete
                  "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

You know, I have absolutely no recollection of joining the forum....however did I get here??

You're covered - you're not a newbie, you're an oldie. I'm just barely older than you. Two months.

Comment

And whats more, KayleighAnn now has 36 posts so she could have posted the URL after all. You can't fool us Pete we know you're not an itinerant woodcutter. lol.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

well, not a forum link though...

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                          You can't fool us Pete we know you're not an itinerant woodcutter. lol.
                          I dread to think what you think I am then LOL.

Pete
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

Wait...are y'all going to start rhyming again....??

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
                              Wait...are y'all going to start rhyming again....??
                              Don't tell me there's a new rule LOL. No at least I wasn't, I am about to have lunch and I never rhyme with my mouth full. I can't speak for Carol of course

Pete
                              Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                              X