Charity Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity Events

I have seen an Spring Fair event advertised but it is aid of a charity - what does getting involved in one of these involve? I have previously done events at local craft and art fairs but nothing in this arena. Anyone able to advise me? Thanx in advance.

Usually none at all for the sellers. You pay for a table/space and you maybe asked to donate a raffle prize.
    It's the organiser that gives all their profits to charity.

Comment

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful and has opened up another avenue for me with my business.

Comment

One thing is you may find that charity events are normally mixed stalls, this can sometimes be an uphill struggle for the crafter as visitors often look for a bargain from donated gifts. So I would ask what percentage are second hand and what craft, don't want to put you off but I have now withdrawn from charity events because of this, I still do the pamper ones as slightly different, then you meet up with the great handmade of Phoenix trading or Usborne books.

Comment

Hi Caroline. Thank you for your comments and information. You have not put me off but your comments are invaluable - that's why I put this issue onto the forum. I have been hit a couple of times and got fingers burn't (great learning curve though!) so as this step was a rather blind one I thought that I would seek advice from seasoned and more experienced artisans.

Comment

Originally posted by Julesno7 View Post
            I have seen an Spring Fair event advertised but it is aid of a charity - what does getting involved in one of these involve? I have previously done events at local craft and art fairs but nothing in this arena. Anyone able to advise me? Thanx in advance.
            Hi Jules,

We are hosting a Spring Craft & Gift fair in aid of Cancer Reserach UK next month. As AnnieAnna says, there's no involvement from stallholders other than booking a stall and donating a raffle prize at our event.

Our event will be no different to any other Craft/Gift fair in that all goods are either handcrafted or brought in new, the only difference with our event is that all profits from stallholder fees, raffle, entry donations & the refreshments will be donated to charity.

Why are we doing this? Personal reasons really, I'm sure most people have been affected to some extent by cancer, we've seen this as our chance to give something back by inviting other people to get involve in our passion for arts & crafts. I think we've found that by holding our event in aid of a worthy charity it has grabbed peoples attention, from both potential stallholders and members of the public, rather than it being "just another craft show".

I'm sure it's also driven us harder to make sure the event is a success for both the charity we are supporting, and for the stallholders attending.

Just my opinion, but hope it's of some interest.

Comment

In glass half full mode:
              if I make a loss at an ordinary fair I feel really, really cross.
              If I make a loss at a charity fair I feel oh well it's all in a good cause.

Comment

As somebody who attends crfat fairs I fully agree with the last comment, and as somebody who is helping organising a craft fair for a Charity ( Agaist Breast Cancer) I share Crafty Coven comments.I have also found that these events tend well supported by the public, so you have a better chance of having a good day.

Up to now we have managed to have a wide selection of crafts, with almost no duplication, but still looking out for another 3-4 stalls( the space for jewellery and cards has all been allocated).There won't be any bric-a brac or similar stalls, but maybe some fundraising stalls like a tombola or a lucky dip. The main emphasis will be on crafts, no bought stuff allowed.
                The date is Saturday teh 28th of May, at Lechlade Memorial Hall. The cost of a 6' table is £20. drop me a line if you are interested.

Comment

Thank you for your information as it is very helpful. I wish you all the best for your event.

Comment

Hi Laura

Thank you so much for your information. I will unfortunately will be at a local event on the 28th May but wish you the best with your charity event.
                    Jules

Comment

Working...
                    X