advertise here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advertise here?

what about a section of the forum where people can post promotions that their companies have on?? if they dont post there they get banned? then the separate forums can be devoted to the users making the stuff and if they want to buy anything theres a separate place to look for good deals where forum users can also post bargains??

or is there one already and ive missed it??

The forum is about discussion not offers or sale etc...

If You wish to advertise on the forum then Private message me and we can sort something out...

Plus The forum is part of the directory... This is a UK craft directory!...

Good luck...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

i dont have anything to advertise!!!

i dont have a company selling anything!!

im trying to say that from what ive seen theres a lot of posts saying about 10% discounts and asking for suggestions on what else they could sell on their website..... it kinda clogs up everything else so perhaps a dedicated section of the forum for people who want to do that????

theres another craft forum where your not really allowed to post about any other companies which in some ways is good because it keeps the forum very focussed on helping solve probs etc etc but its a shame when you know theres good deals out there but you arent allowed to post about them......

it might just be good to have it all separate.....

Comment

Originally posted by pink princess
        it might just be good to have it all separate.....
        I agree...

The bigest problem I have is spamming... Its a nightmare...

Sorry if I may of sounded non welcoming to the idea, but you had only posted some 3-5 times and I i'm quite a cynic ops: ...

I might run a single post forum and ask for donations ?
        What do you think... ?

Comment

fair enough to be a cynic..... im the queen of cynicism!!

spamming, hmmmm i dont know why people bother i mean noone pays any attention to it.... its just a waste of time!!

yeah that might not be a bad idea, is that something that people with forums tend to do??

i still think the banning if anyone doesnt post in the designated sales bit is a good idea though.... could help deter people from clogging the rest of the forum....

Comment

Yikes!

All this talk of banning users sounds very authoritarian - and I thought it was a friendly place.

I think if you get too strict people will be afraid to post in case their message is deamed to be in the wrong category or to be advertising their business.

Personally I don't mind the odd posting telling me about a good offer or asking for stock suggestions and I don't think these messages clog up the forum - after all some days they are the only new posting to appear.

Jo

Comment

i agree its good to have those posts i just think perhaps in a separate category so that people posting questions about how to do something dont get lost amongst them...

hopefully people would respect that if they want to promote their company they should post in the correct part of the forum... if they persistently didnt then maybe ban them.... im not saying once and thats it!

Comment

Originally posted by pink princess
                spamming, hmmmm i dont know why people bother i mean noone pays any attention to it.... its just a waste of time!!
                Forum spamming is more about Backlinks... Backlinks drive search engines.. The more you have the higher your be on the like of google msn and yahoo etc...

Comment

hi im new and i think it would be a good idea if people could let others know of any good websites that they come across i just found one www.craftit.co.uk [/b]
                  misty
                  www.craftit.co.uk

Comment

Advertise here

Aren't forums about community?
                    So posts contain links to deals or sites, no biggie. We all benefit from finding what we want or saving cash.
                    We all need to earn to live.
                    We are all helping one another just by this exchange of information.

One it gets Big Brother everyone will go elsewhere.

Forums are like the TV if we don't like what it is we can "turn it off" and join another, yes?
                    Lets all be friends and 'Dance like nobody's watching' x
                    www.craftkitsuk.com

Comment

Originally posted by hananyaa View Post
                      Aren't forums about community?
                      So posts contain links to deals or sites, no biggie. We all benefit from finding what we want or saving cash.
                      We all need to earn to live.
                      We are all helping one another just by this exchange of information.

One it gets Big Brother everyone will go elsewhere.

Forums are like the TV if we don't like what it is we can "turn it off" and join another, yes?
                      Lets all be friends and 'Dance like nobody's watching' x
                      I agree its about community, but post about deals are a biggie unless its about someone else site, why, well it brings your reputation down and the forums.. If you like people whom shout "i'm the best" and "look at me" without any back in the community then this is a negative..

Reputation is a big thing..

I like to think this is more of a dissusion group than a promotion tool.. the directory is a promotional tool as is the advertising on this forum..

Hope that clears things up.. !

Comment

Working...
                      X