Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly Didnt Join

But did... couldnt resist...

Anyway to my point. I dont want to offend anyone but the skin of this forum is really off putting in my opinion... There are tons of free ones out there that could make this place look REALLY good.

Just my thoughts

1. Hello!

3. What is a 'skin'......?

(I am knocking on a bit and don't understand....)

Elizabeth
    Elizabeth

www.elizabethcampbell.org.uk

Comment

Im a youngen' and I dont understand!!
      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Pleased to meet you, can you please explain the "skin", for us all to learn?

Welcome on board

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I think its sort of the background to the pages.. how it looks on the screen. I think..... getting on a bit aswell
          http://tarinaknits.blogspot.com

Comment

No idea what a 'skin' is either in this context but hopefully my education will be completed soon.
            Ursula

Twitter:

Comment

Its how the forum looks, the colours etc. You can get some really beautiful and fancy ones. I would post a link to some examples but I dont have enough posts yet...

Comment

I, personally, am quite happy with the way things are. The colours and layout do not detract from some of the serious issues we discuss, also. when showing our projects a fancy background could be a disadvantage.
                We also make our own fun, don't need fancy 'skins' for that. but, hey, anyway. we are all entitled to our opinion. lol.
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I didnt mean it like that! Content of forums means much more than the look of it. All I am saying that having a forum that doesnt look that good, it can potentially put of new members. Just talking from experience tis all, didnt mean to offend. The sites great

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleCrow View Post
                    The sites great
                    Yep and I think that sways people to join here rather than the skin. I'm a member of a few other forums (non craft) and have to admit the look of them never even occured to me - it was the fact they covered the area I was interested in, were busy and didn't contain loads of spammy posts that made me join
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I didnt mean it like that! Content of forums means much more than the look of it. All I am saying that having a forum that doesnt look that good, it can potentially put of new members. Just talking from experience tis all, didnt mean to offend. The sites great
                      No offence taken. Its just that we have been around for quite some time and you are the first member to mention it. Made me think a bit but I still prefer it the way it is and that is only my opinion. You might have opened up an interesting line of discussion.
                      Carol
                      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Isn't there a saying something like 'Beauty is only skin deep?'
                        Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
                        Facebook Page
                        Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

Of course it is! I'm just saying that it put me off a bit when I first saw it, I was searching all different craft forums, a not so pretty forum always makes me wonder if the admin put any effort into it.

It was just something I thought I would mention... Didnt mean to cause offense.

Comment

I like things just the way they are.
                            Hope your finding your way around OK, if you need any help just shout, anyone of these lovely crafty people can answer your questions and give you help.
                            Ruby
                            This is my blog.
                            https://thecraftwitch.wordpress.com

Comment

a not so pretty forum always makes me wonder if the admin put any effort into it.
                              What do I like about this forum? It's friendly, helpful, educational, funny, inspiring, and exceedingly well moderated with hardly any spam getting through. The colour of the skin (ugh!) has never even crossed my mind. Those of us who've been on it a while feel we're in the company of friends.

Just a thought, would you go into someone's house for the first time and say they'd be better off with different wallpaper? (Not exactly the best way to Win Friends and Influence People I'd say ;-)
                              Kate
                              www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X