How about a photography forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a photography forum?

I'd stick lots in there if there was one, but there must be others out there interested?
    www.derekhenderson.ifp3.com

I would be interested. And it could be a handy place for all the tips people have posted about taking and photos on their web sites (so not just for the dedicated photographers!)
    Dagna
    The living embodiment of the phrase 'not a morning person'
    Examples of my jewellery and photography are on my home page: http://www.seshat.com
    Folksy shop: http://www.folksy.com/shops/Dagna

Comment

Originally posted by Dagna View Post
      ...it could be a handy place for all the tips people have posted about taking and photos on their web sites (so not just for the dedicated photographers!)
      That occured to me too as I know that's something that frequently crops up on the forum. There also seems to be a few more photographers on here lately too so personally I think it's a good idea. I'll nudge Mr M towards this thread in case he hasn't seen it yet and see whether he agrees
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

ooh, yes please :-)
        Sarahleigh

www.sarahleighphotography.co.uk

Comment

I think photography is an art all of it self. You really have to have a good eye to get a really good picture.
          Something Shiny Something Sparkly
          Handmade Tiaras & Jewellery by Diana @ dizaTIARAS
          My blog
          Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzydiza View Post
            I think photography is an art all of it self. You really have to have a good eye to get a really good picture.
            Totally agree with you there. I blogged about the very same topic recently.

I too would add my request to a photography category here, although there is an excellent forum that professional photographers use and is pretty much the industry standard - it's paid membership though.
            Design, not rocket science. Illustrator, graphic and web designer, mum of two, wife and self-appointed font police.

Changing the world one crayon at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by TizzyDizzy View Post
              although there is an excellent forum that professional photographers use and is pretty much the industry standard - it's paid membership though.
              Which is that?

There's also a very good digital photography school forum, which is free.

But it's always nice to have photography sections in other forums too. You get more of a rapport going & non-photographers can get advice without having to worry about their gear or ability.
              Sarahleigh

www.sarahleighphotography.co.uk

Comment

With respect to those out there wanting to learn more about photography, I'd keep clear of 'professional' sites. Amateur forums are far & away the best place to go. It's a bit like going to France & trying to speak in French, you get some respect & help to get you through. These forums are full of people more than willing to help out.
                However, for those here who have a one off question, or for a dialogue between photographers, I think this site can suffice. Imho

Comment

I think a photography forum would be brilliant!

I agree that if you're an amateur photographer, it can be quite intimidating to go straight into a professional forum. A board here would be amazing! & it's always to see what others can do apart from the crafts we all already know about
                  Dearest Jackdaw

Facebook

Comment

Will add soon

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Great!
                      I'll put my tuppence worth in there

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                      Will add soon

Comment

I think it's a great idea. I have taking loads of pics today.
                        Allison
                        www.cardtoppers4crafts.com
                        www.epbeads.co.uk/freeguide

Comment

will be good to exchange ideas ! Top suggestion
                          Web: www.randmphotography.com
                          Twitter: www.twitter.com/dolts007

Comment

Working...
                          X