Water colour pen or pencils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water colour pen or pencils

Could some one suggest which is the better one? as i am wanting to start using them with stampig etc

thanks

I tried water colour pencil & didnt take to them. So I sold them. I prefer the water colour pens.
    www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

do you find them easy to use? and do you use a brush pen or a normal brush?

Comment

I'm the complete opposite to Sara as I much prefer the watercolour pencils to the pens. I think it all comes down to the individual preference, maybe you could buy a couple of pens and pencils (or borrow some) to try them out and see which you prefer before spending out on a whole set of them.
        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by sjlh86 View Post
          do you find them easy to use? and do you use a brush pen or a normal brush?

Once I got the hang of they, didnt take long though. Like anything it comes with practice.

I use a brush pen.
          www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

I love watercolor pencils!! But like others have said it really is down to preference. Popular ones are Caran d'Ache and Primscolor but they don't come cheap!

I have a set of Faber-Castell which i love to pieces but again they were not cheap and not everybody likes them!

Derwent are slightly cheaper, some people like them but i personally don't!

Do you have an art shop near you? The best thing to go in to one and speak to someone, any art shop worth its salt should let you try the different brands to see which one suits you the best! See how they feel to use and how they blend together dry and wet and what effects they produce (watercolor pencils will change tone slightly when you add water, some may turn brighter, some darker)

Hope this helps

Jo
            www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

I'm obviously a cheapskate I like watercolour pencils but mine are just a bog standard set from WHSmith! I know you're not supposed to (I'm such a naughty girl!), but I use a water brush directly onto the lead (ok, I know it's not really lead, but I don't know what it's really called!) then colour with it, sometimes adding a bit more colour directly from the pencil to the paper/card...I like the softer effect

Comment

I have a lovely set of Caran D'ache watercolour pencils which I bought in 1979 and they're still going strong so I can highly recommend them. They are also sold individually, so as suggested before, it would be a very good idea just to buy one or two.

Tracy xx

Comment

I also have a set of Caran D'ache pencils, I've head them for a few years now and they are great!!

Comment

Working...
                  X