Feedback on suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on suppliers

Is there a particular place on the forum to post positive and negative feedback on suppliers?

Don't think there is any specific place on the forum for this, although I think it would be a good idea. However, have noticed the occasional thread with people asking about or recommended particular suppliers.
    Regards, Carol

http://www.lindenblossom.com

Comment

One has to be careful regarding giving negative responses about a supplier or indeed anyone on open forum.

I remember a couple of years ago someone on another forum came on all guns blazing about a supplier she was having problems with.

I had only ever had a good working relationship with the company involved, they went out of their way for me - once received a delivery at 10.00pm by the MD as he knew how desperate we were.

I mentioned the posting to him, he was very professional, didn't say anything, a few months later the woman who had been bad pressing suppliers went bust owing my supplier and others loads of money and a few litigation claims!

If you find a good one fine - otherwise be very careful before knocking them, if they are that bad they will soon go out of business

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

i think its a good idea

if you've had a bad experience with a supplier then its helpful to others

same as with a good one
        www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
          i think its a good idea

if you've had a bad experience with a supplier then its helpful to others

same as with a good one

Just be careful on open forum - you could end up with a libel case on your hands.

if you want to take that risk------

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

while the idea in theory is a very good one , I do agree with Jane here.

We have to remember that this forum is accessible to everyone , one persons bad experience with a supplier may not be the case for everyone who uses that supplier.

word of mouth is very different to posting what could be viewed as slander on a forum.

Personally I think the way people reccomend suppliers on here to people who are "looking for" works very well , I have bought from and bookmarked lots of sites on other forum members reccomendations.
            Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
            my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
            my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Jane, its only libel if it isnt true
              www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
              http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Did you hear about the gina ford / mumsnet fiasco a while back? Way too risky to post bad stuff imo. A list of good suppliers would be a good idea, maybe just if you are really super impressed.
                flickr
                blog
                my website
                etsy

Comment

I can't see it happening to be honest. Even though some posts about bad suppliers may be based entirely on fact there's a real danger people's emotions will take over...leaving the forum (or rather Mr M) looking at threats of libel action. I know us mods have deleted certain posts in the past which were libelous so I think having a section that encourages members to name and shame would be a potential minefield.

I'm sure Mr M will post here if he thinks otherwise.

Currently if a member is planning to buy from a supplier new to them they will often post on the forum asking for opinions from members who have used them before - you can usually gauge whether they're good or bad from the replies
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by gbell View Post
                    Jane, its only libel if it isnt true
                    I think you will find that may not be correct

http://www.carter-ruck.com/FAQs/Libe...r%20Cases.html

Jane
                    www.just-soaps.com
                    Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

The theory is great but sadly it doesn't work in practice.

As mentioned the legal side is massive along with the threats to the forum. This is a open public forum.

Hope that helps.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

I like what my mother taught me: If you don't have anything good to say about someone, then don't say it. (Granted, I know I have failed my mother in this more than once! )
                        Mike, The Bead Company
                        www.thebead.co.uk
                        7 Keith Street
                        Glasgow G11 6QQ
                        Find us on www.facebook.com/thebeadcompanyglasgow

Comment

It all makes sense to me - best keep quiet if its bad but praise it up big if its good. If everyone stays silent about the bad ones then its speaks a million words without getting anyone in trouble.

x
                          Cheryl

www.cicicreativecrafts.co.uk

Comment

The thinking behind this suggestion was that people could make up their own minds, after reading facts about the customer service experience of others - good and bad, and I expected it to cover mainly good, as this is what most of us get.

Please remember that this was just a suggested idea, posted under "Suggestions" - perhaps not an idea after all.

May I perhaps make a better suggestion......that this is the end of the thread?

Comment

Working...
                            X