A Calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Calendar?

Is there a calendar on the forum of upcoming dates? ie:Easter, Fathers Day etc
    It would be nice to know what's coming up and when so I can get the appropriate shopping done
    Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
    Free Classifieds

No there isn't - we tend to use diaries.

Comment

Do you mean a calender for your own use or one that all members can log forthcoming craft events with full details for a quick membership reference.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

oooo now there is an idea!! A communcal calander with major events including evertyhing from Christmas to father's day (just as a reminder - cheeky Peter!) but ALSO with all our local craft fairs, school fairs etc etc etc ! Oooo can we do that?
        Caroline

Diamond Ideas

http://www.diamondideas.co.uk/

http://twitter.com/DiamondIdeas01

Diamond Ideas is also on facebook!

Go on, add some sparkle to your project!

Comment

If anyone would like any additions to the forum please PM the admin...........0103media............with your suggestions. I'm sure he'd welcome them. Not.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
            Do you mean a calender for your own use or one that all members can log forthcoming craft events with full details for a quick membership reference.
            Good question. I came to look for some suitable Easter jewelery for a child... and realised that I don't actually know when Easter is (although I know it's on it's way).

It dawned on me that I don't know when FathersDay is either...... um, and then I posted

I suppose it would also be handy for forumers to roll out their FathersDay craft stuff onto their websites in plenty of time to make some sales, and it would help if they know when it's coming too

regards
            James.
            Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by GEM View Post
              Good question. I came to look for some suitable Easter jewelery for a child... and realised that I don't actually know when Easter is (although I know it's on it's way).

It dawned on me that I don't know when FathersDay is either...... um, and then I posted

I suppose it would also be handy for forumers to roll out their FathersDay craft stuff onto their websites in plenty of time to make some sales, and it would help if they know when it's coming too

regards
              James.
              This should help you
              http://www.thebigproject.co.uk/calendar_2009.htm

Jane
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                I thought "Oh Goodie". and clicked on your link. One of my Ancient Aunts is 90 on St. Swithens day - I can never remember when it is except it is in the summer and I will get my ears chewed if I don't get sorted for this one but it is not listed.
                HELP DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN ST. SWITHENS DAY IS
                Carol
                God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                  I thought "Oh Goodie". and clicked on your link. One of my Ancient Aunts is 90 on St. Swithens day - I can never remember when it is except it is in the summer and I will get my ears chewed if I don't get sorted for this one but it is not listed.
                  HELP DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN ST. SWITHENS DAY IS
                  This should help?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feature...obellang.shtml

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

If anyone wants to know quickly what date Easter, Fathers Day etc is just google it - far easier than accessing a calender

In our house the words 'google will tell us' is said about 5 times a day...and 99 times out of 100 he* does!

* is it wrong to assume google is male
                    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                      If anyone wants to know quickly what date Easter, Fathers Day etc is just google it - far easier than accessing a calender
                      If you Google FATHERS DAY http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...hers+day&meta= which one of those results tells you when it is?
                      Free Classifieds

Comment

If you Google FATHERS DAY http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...hers+day&meta= which one of those results tells you when it is?
                        This one... ask a florist.

5th on your google hitlist and you don't even have to click the link!
                        Last edited by woodtattoos; 27-03-2009, 02:33 PM.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                          This one... ask a florist.
                          There's something WRONG about flowers on Fathers Day... We want golf equipment and car washing supplies! (or BEER)!
                          Free Classifieds

Comment

I'd google fathers day 2009 (seeing as it falls on a different day each year) and search uk pages only - http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...UK%7CcountryGB not exactly rocket science

The top 6 results give you the date without needing to click on the link
                            Last edited by nattynetty; 27-03-2009, 02:49 PM.
                            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
                              ...and 99 times out of 100 he* does!

* is it wrong to assume google is male
                              If google was male then I think the accuracy rate would be lower
                              View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                              X