Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Padding/Cushioning ideas for separating Ceramic flatware - Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padding/Cushioning ideas for separating Ceramic flatware - Help Please!

At craft fairs and shows I usually display my wall plaques on a board, with the string hanging from nails. I have recently been making lots of smaller sized wall plaques and have decided to display more in a basket on the table, as well as on the board, so that people can flick through them to view the different designs (a bit like flicking through cards in a basket). However, I need to put something thin(ish) inbetween each one so that they are not knocking about into each other and are protected... I don't want to use bubblewrap because it would look ugly. I thought about sewing some fabric around little sheets of folded bubblewrap, but this could be too time consuming and will probably look a mess if i did it!

Can anyone help with further ideas, or does/can anyone make such items??

How about using some craft foam sheets between them. You could sew/stick them together in a WWW shape so they wouldn't slip with the plates in the V.

Melanie

Comment

I agree, I think foam sheet/roll packaging would be ideal, its white and quite thin but very durable. you could even cut out a circle and stick to the back of each dish in the hopes when your customers flick through the actual pottery items dont touch each other, hope I have explained that so you understood what I mean... Ive confused myself slightly lol
      Sarah

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

The pieces that will be displayed in the basket are flat square/rectangular with holes in the top and string tied through them. I think foam could be the solution!

Comment

If you cant find anything suitable give me shout and I will post you some of mine

Good luck with the fair, where are you standing by the way? I love your creations
          Sarah

Comment

Hi Autumn Rose

What do you have that might be suitable?

My first fair this year isn't til May but I'm spending all the time until then making lots and lots of stock, as well as being super organised thinking of little dilemmas like this one!

The craft fairs/shows I'm doing this year are listed on my website, but the first one in May is at Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire. Where abouts are you based?

Comment

Thin but tough polystyrene woud work...the last suitable bit I saw was underneath my Asda ready-made-in-a-box pizza at the weekend!
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
              Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Thanks for that Scorch!

Hope you enjoyed the pizza?!

Comment

Mmmmm... piiiiiizzzzza! Weekend treat for a dieter, that!
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                  Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Originally posted by C Hupfield Ceramics View Post
                    Hi Autumn Rose

What do you have that might be suitable?

My first fair this year isn't til May but I'm spending all the time until then making lots and lots of stock, as well as being super organised thinking of little dilemmas like this one!

The craft fairs/shows I'm doing this year are listed on my website, but the first one in May is at Castle Ashby, Northamptonshire. Where abouts are you based?

If you pm me your address I will pop some in an envelope for you and you can see if its any use
                    Sarah

Comment

Working...
                    X