Sale/Swap discussion closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale/Swap discussion closed

I personally was very dissapointed to see a 'thread closed' sign on this.

I've not been a member very long and don't know what the background might be to this.

However I am a member of various other forums where members are allowed, once established to sell on bits of unwanted stuff, not on a regular basis and definitely not as traders/shops - and it works very well. They don't have any legal or social problems with this practice - why should this forum?

Respectfully,

Chris.

What? Give us a link to the closed thread so we know what you're talking about. It's OK..............I found it. The mod who closed it said it had already been discussed - it has, at length - and as such wasn't going to be of any point leaving the thread open. We all know that different forums have different rules - if they didn't we would all be on the same forum. Enjoy the bits of this forum you do like, and ignore the bits you don't.
    Last edited by Peter; 22-01-2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Despite not posting on the thread, it was me that closed it. The subject has been suggested on countless occasions and you can find any number of previous threads that MrM has posted explaining his reasons for not endorsing such a venture. Unfortunately these threads have often snowballed into disagreement on the matter and I did not see the benefit to anyone to go over old territory again. Hope this helps.

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Working...
      X