Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me or is this forum slow

Hi

I found the forum yesterday and was delighted as there seems to be a lack of forums dedicated to crafting in the UK.

But since signing up I have had nothing but problems - the pages of the forum seem to take forever to load, if indeed they actually load at all. Is this just me? I have no trouble navigating other sites, I am using IE7

Thanks

Olga

Further details of my jewellery can be found here
    www.kojewellery.co.uk

I have always found this site fast, I am a member of 2 other forums in the US but with these as well have not had a problem.

Sorry what is IE7? I am on BT broadband using Firefox.

Comment

I've never experienced any problems with the speed here on the Forum. I'm sure that the administrator, MrM, will be able to answer any queries if needs be.

Si.
      Wood Tattoos
      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
      Facebook
      Flickr
      Twitter

Comment

Sorry what is IE7? I am on BT broadband using Firefox.
        Internet Explorer 7?

I use Firefox and never had a problem.
        Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for that Gail did not have a clue! this is mainly down to my age.

Comment

Thats just IE7 - it's slow.

I would recommend that you get FireFox and give that a go!
            --Matt

Web Development
            Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

If you are using IE on vista then we had no end of problems. since we changed to Firefox not a one.
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

I use firefox too, it is faster at loading all pages online. We also have IE on the PC which my husband uses, and he waits forever for his pages
                My Website www.rheadesigns.co.uk

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dumfri...4443824?ref=ts

My Blog
                http://rheadesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I use IE 6, don't like 7 and the forum loads instantaneously, like magic really!!! Selina

Comment

Originally posted by Caroleecrafts View Post
                    Thanks for that Gail did not have a clue! this is mainly down to my age.
                    Ha ha! You and me both then chuck, lol.
                    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm glad someone else mentioned this, i thought it was just me! I have just timed how long it takes for my page to load up and discounting the ad bar at the top (which shows immediately) it took 25 seconds to load!!!

We always thought it was where we had changed providers through our house move (used to have a super fast cable connection). However, I am so used to surfing multiple pages at one time (I normally have 3 open at a time) that I don't really notice. if I had to wait for only one page to load I'd go mad!!!

May look into changing to firefox from what people are saying.
                      Ashbee

"You only retire when you stop doing something you don't like and start doing something you do..."

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your replies.

We also have Safari for Windows installed and the forum is much faster using this rather than Internet Explorer.

I asked my husband and he says that Internet Explorer is the most popular browser so strange the forum is so slow with that - he thinks because the browser keeps detecting javascript problems with the site.

Anyway Safari seems to work here much faster so I'll stick with that for now

Olga

Further details of my jewellery can be found here
                        www.kojewellery.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kojewellery View Post
                          I asked my husband and he says that Internet Explorer is the most popular browser so strange the forum is so slow with that - he thinks because the browser keeps detecting javascript problems with the site.
                          I suspect its partly because the HTML for the forum uses the table tag (notoriously slow, particularly in IE). Hubby is right - there are quite a lot of JavaScript and CSS errors. Oh well.

If another browser works for you, fab - but be careful with Safari, as it is originally from MACland - it isn't awfully well supported by some sites
                          --Matt

Web Development
                          Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Chrome is the future.
                            It's never too late to gyrate!

Comment

im on ie7 and not had no problems

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

Comment

Working...
                              X