Doll Craft Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doll Craft Section

I'd like to see a section for Doll Crafts - I'm sure there are lots of people out there either making dolls or dressing dolls.

When I had time I used to make porcelain dolls from kits and dress them. I have recently become interested in Ball Jointed Dolls (made mostly in East Asia) they are absolutely stunning and I have 3 upstairs waiting for me to find the time to dress them!

So what about it? Are there other doll makers out there who would like this craft included in the forum?

Jude
    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Hi Jude,
    I think a doll section is a brilliant idea, I have a couple of reborns on my site at the moment but I also make the clothing and accessories for them as well.
    There are so many different kinds of dolls that people collect and make but there aren't enough groups that cover this subject. I make mohair bears also and there are loads of groups for bear makers. So come on anyone that makes items for dolls or the dolls them selves join us and we may get our section on here.
    Hugs
    Nicky

Comment

Hi
      Yes Im with you on this one! I have just dressed 2 rag dolls in thier christmas pinnys like look great!
      Sarah

Comment

Yea great idea ! I make dolls with fimo ( polymer clay ) There's no section to post them only pottery and Ceramics. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

Would that include dolls houses and/or shadow boxes that I used to do...
          (although I still have quite a few packed away but the usual thing of prospective buyers not wanting to pay more than a few pounds for something that used to take a few days to complete!)...anyone else make shadow boxes?
          Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Hi Nettie,

I think it should include anything doll related so doll's houses and minatures should be included too...

What's a shadow box??? I'm very curious..

I bet there are more doll makers out there - do you think if we got enough posts we'd get the section?

Comment

Great idea. I finished my first Waldorf Doll the other day and was thinking the same thing. I also made a tiny quilt for my daughter's dolls house the other day. I could've posted that in a section devoted to Doll crafts too.
              Natalie
              website blog

Comment

The ones I made were like room scenes from a dolls house. I first stuck 2 decoupage deep frames together, to make a 3" deep box frame, and then backed it with board. Then 'wallpapered' inside, arranged the furniture, made little table cloths, clothes coming out of drawers out of pieces of lace, and then 'hung' pictures or made little perfume bottles out of beads then some material for the carpet. Then edged this all in lace, bought a picture frame with glass from charity shops and then stuck that on. I've got bathrooms, dining rooms, kitchen scenes, bedrooms with bed and chest of drawers, cots with baby things in. I'll try and find them and take some piccies
                Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

ooooh how lovely... I think I've seen them before (not yours obviously ) they are really beautiful...I'd love to see some pics of yours...

Comment

Originally posted by nettie View Post
                    The ones I made were like room scenes from a dolls house. I first stuck 2 decoupage deep frames together, to make a 3" deep box frame, and then backed it with board. Then 'wallpapered' inside, arranged the furniture, made little table cloths, clothes coming out of drawers out of pieces of lace, and then 'hung' pictures or made little perfume bottles out of beads then some material for the carpet. Then edged this all in lace, bought a picture frame with glass from charity shops and then stuck that on. I've got bathrooms, dining rooms, kitchen scenes, bedrooms with bed and chest of drawers, cots with baby things in. I'll try and find them and take some piccies
                    I'd love to see some piccies of these - they sound fab

Comment

Hi All,
                      Looks like the doll makers and collectors are finally coming out of the wood work. I agree that the section should be for anything doll related, I make reborn dolls, clothes, quilts and accessories.
                      I have just had an order for a 4ft Golly as well, Oh my the things we crafters let ourselves in for.
                      Hugs
                      Nicky

Comment

If any of you have a Netto's nearby you might like to know that they had dolls house furniture, minatures and accessories in there today http://viewer.zmags.com/showmag.php?mid=wwqfpq#/page6/
                        Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I collect porcelain and reborn dolls and also have a dolls house my dad made for me when I was little (20+ years ago) - hubby thinks I'm mad lol.

We're in the process of looking into a doll's house for our nieces for Christmas so a doll section would be fab!!

Comment

Working...
                          X