Craft Forum sell it centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Forum sell it centre

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by Ruth Moulds; 01-11-2016, 09:29 PM.

don`t know about others but I think it would be helpful... buy and buy things so my stock is really growing!
    blog
    website
    etsy shop
    folksy shop
    twitter

Comment

sounds like a good idea to me

Comment

I think this is a fab idea.

Like many crafters I have loads of stuff I will never use,stuff people have given me, stuff I have bought and never used and just general stuff like a huge bag of ribbons I have collected over the years just in case I will ever need them (I'm a terrible hoarder).

What better way to help each other at a reasonable price
        Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
        my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
        my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

I personally think a swap shop is a great idea and its been suggested many times that the forum should have a swap shop where we can swap either unused supplies or swap hand-crafted items. I know the mods have looked into the feasability of this and the one big thing that goes against the idea is "how do you make sure its done fairly" and "who's responsible if something goes wrong"?

Not sure about selling our goods on the forum - the general rule is "its a forum not an on-line shop" and the mods are extremely vigilant when someone appears to have joined the forum just to promote their wares.

It is however okay for members to contact each other privately to discuss commissions but that is usually when someone wants something that someone else made and not you (as in the crafter, not you personally) offering your goods for sale.
          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Hi

thats a great idea . It must be like classified ads. No one should have to take any responsibility. people just mention the items they want to swap or sell or giveaway & the person interested can make a contact on its own responsibility.
            Atleast i desperately need a a swap shop. because here in pakistan craft supplies are not available as much. I need giveaways Also .
            http://myartcreations.blogspot.com

Comment

I think too this would be a great idea as I can find it hard to get out to buy raw materials at times.
              Last edited by LarryM; 30-07-2008, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Sorry but if you want to sell something then your have 2 choices.

You can advertise on the right hand side OR go somewhere else..

THIS IS NOT A CLASSIFIEDS SITE AND NEVER WILL BE.

Word of warning to the newbies in this thread: I can only assume you haven't read the rules as this question make no sense if you have.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ruth Moulds
                  Not too impressed with the little Hitler attitude of your reply? obviously the work of a little big man, GET A LIFE!
                  Ruth
                  Ruth, after owning a forum myself (for smart cars no less) I can understand how 0103media might feel...We had the descision not to let commercial people advertise & fortunately for us those were easy to identify (there was only about 6 companies at the time) but even that was a nightmare as some of them tried all manor of stealth advertising.

I'd imagine the rules are there for a good reason, and one might be that if
                  0103media wants to have a "LIFE" that doesn't involve spending his whole
                  time removing/modding spam, adverts & shopping there has to be a "no sales" rule.

Fortunately links to your etsy/website/shop are allowed in your signature, so people can find your goods I imagine that a "swap shop" might cause similar problems...For instance how long do you think it would be before postage costs came in, or someone didn't have a swap so suggested cash? (i.e. nightmare time for 0103media & a sales scenario).

I'm sure 0103media isn't meaning to cause offense, it just must be very frustrating, having to repeat the same thing over & over again....
                  Originally posted by Ruth Moulds View Post
                  Great Forum!
                  Another idea is a section where experienced crafters etc can offer advice
                  ie my husband was a professional designer/modelmaker/mouldmaker but had to retire due to ill health, however he still has his knowledge and its a shame to see crafters struggling to get started etc when he may be able to save them some time/money? even if he cannot physically use the tools etc.
                  Also there may be other crafters willing to share their skills/contacts etc, you could call the section How/Where/What? LoL
                  Useful info comes out all the time & tends to go into the section it belongs to, e.g. making moulds might be in jewellery...If you/hubby did a hints thread there and it was in the wrong place then I'm sure one of the mods would move it for you...Sorry I can't help more but I'm a relative newbie myself

Nic xx
                  Last edited by MuranoSilver; 30-07-2008, 09:06 AM.
                  **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
                  Different prize every month
                  Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
                  PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

Well I guess I did not read the original post correctly. I was not aware that it meant for commercial sellers. I thought the idea was for other crafters on the forum to swap and exchange materials or goods.

As the sole carer for a disabled person I do find it difficult to buy materials, and too expensive on the WWW due to things like £8 minimum postal charges for a piece of wood worth 80p.

Hope I did not upset the moderators, but again I thought we were talking about members swapping, trading that sort of thing.

I do not represent nor do I run a commercial business, my Decorative Art Pyrography and my Art Pyrography are purely a hobby, and a means of relaxation at home.

Larry
                    Last edited by LarryM; 30-07-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

I don't think any of us set out to upset anyone.

Personally I was more interested in a swap shop type of thing than commercial selling...in todays climate every saving counts and crafters are such a friendly bunch !!

Shame as I'm sure so many of us have bits and bobs we will never use and that could benefit another forum member
                      Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes CAN change your life !!

my website http://www.ticketyboo-jewellery.co.uk
                      my misi shop http://ticketyboo.misi.me.uk
                      my blog http://ticketyboojewellery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Beckyboo,

I wanted a spoon tip for my hot wire pyrograph machine. It's a bit of wire about inch and a half long. I was asked to fork out £8 for postage of a bit of wire by a commercial Company lol!

With an income of £49 pw I was'nt keen on doing more Internet shopping!

I soon learned to make the things myself

In fact if the forum became somewhere for big commerce to advertise I think I would just leave!
                        Last edited by LarryM; 30-07-2008, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryM View Post
                          In fact if the forum became somewhere for big commerce to advertise I think I would just leave!

The aim has always been to help crafters out.. Its never been a base to sell stuff..

Defining someone small just trying to get rid of stock or something thats no longer needed vs as person just trying to sell to make cash is virtually impossible.

Hence why all ads are on the right hand side in one place. Information in posts and not ads.

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
                          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
                            Sorry but if you want to sell something then your have 2 choices.

You can advertise on the right hand side OR go somewhere else..

THIS IS NOT A CLASSIFIEDS SITE AND NEVER WILL BE.

Word of warning to the newbies in this thread: I can only assume you haven't read the rules as this question make no sense if you have.
                            i can understand you getting frustrated when new members don't read the rules before diving in, but given that up at the top of the thread, there is a box saying,

"Suggestions Tell us whats missing... or what you like... or what you won't more of....!"

is there not a less abrupt way of replying when someone does offer a suggestion?
                            lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

Oh... well, that IS a shame. I thought it was an excellent idea - I have a small heap of pyro blanks that I got as part of a job lot and will never use in a month of Sundays that I'd have loved to list up for sale, to get them out from under my feet. And pyro wire, too. And so on...

I agree that we don't need stock listings from commercial crafts sellers, but where's the huge harm in crafters selling their odds & ends & leftovers?
                              Cheers,
                              Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                              Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
                              X