Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it time out so soon?

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Why does the site time you out so soon? Its just sooooooo frustrating. And I know I'm not the first to ask this question but can't we have longer to type up a post.

I'm not that great with pooter and I just spent about 20 minutes typing out a new post and adding pics only to find that its lost cos I took so long.

It wouldn't be bad if you returned to where you were before you get timed out so you could just re-login and carry on but no ....... you just lose everything!

As I already said, I'm no PC boffin but surely something can be done to sort this out?

I know I'm not the only one that this happens to so please please please please please with cherries, rasperry/chocolate/toffee/maple syrup and sprinkles and chopped nuts on top (maybe I need an ice-cream to cool me down ) can we have longer to type.
    Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Net have you thought of typing it up in wordpad then copying it in? I had to start doing that for my blog cos there's no Undo on it and I kept deleting chunks of text - stupid laptop mousepad thingy
    Chris xx
    My Website
    My Blog

Comment

Net I'm the same as you and used to get sooooooo frustrated with losing my message when getting logged out. I started using Word and copy n pasting but that was a bit of a pain. Then one day rather than clicking back after getting logged out I simply logged back in and lo and behold there was my message still there and waiting to be posted Works every time for me so give it a go next time you get logged out Net!
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Believe it or not I am a fast typist - fully qualified to PA standard and also did half of a teaching course.

Its not the speed of my typing thats the problem. I had two windows open one with my reply box and the other with my pics and I kept swapping between the two windows so that I could copy and paste the URLs of the pics I wanted to add. There were only 4 pics so it wasn't as if I took all day about it.

Natty - Don't know why I'm different to everyone else but it just doesn't work for me no matter what I try after logging back in again. I've tried refresh and back buttons and also just waiting for it to load whichever page it wants to but all I ever get is the empty reply box as if I've not started typing yet.

Surely something can be done - the most logical solution is to have more time before it logs you out for inactivity . . . . not that typing up a post in being inactive! I really just don't get it!
        Auntynet

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
          Surely something can be done - the most logical solution is to have more time before it logs you out for inactivity . . . . not that typing up a post in being inactive! I really just don't get it!
          Its very likely to do with the setting on your computer.. I've never had a problem but I've never had time to write for 30mins..

Sites like gmail all auto save every 1min of so because if you net conection drops just for 1 second this will likely log you off.. Again this is all to do with how your computer is set up..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
          (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 0103media View Post
            Its very likely to do with the setting on your computer..

Sites like gmail all auto save every 1min of so because if you net conection drops just for 1 second this will likely log you off.. Again this is all to do with how your computer is set up..
            Thanks for the explanation but unfortunately it has just gone straight over the top of my head

I'm not technical at all - I can type and do the basics ok but when it comes to PC settings and stuff then I have no idea what you're on about.

If you (or anyone else) can elaborate and tell me how to fix it then I'd be very grateful.
            Auntynet

Comment

I have not ever had a problem with ir!!!! It must be the timing on your computer because when I had a laptop it used to do it on that and hubbly looked at it and changed the timer thingy!!! Sue xx
              http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a problem on firefox - not too much help when you're trying to moderate!

Comment

I've just had a really frustrating time trying to reply to a message sent to me. Each time I've been interrupted by phone, doorbell etc. and ended up having lost 2 replies. So annoying as there's nothing to show I've been logged off until I've clicked to send the reply and it has then disappeared into cyberspace. Will have to see if husband can work out if its to do with my computer settings. I don't seem to have any difficulties anywhere else apart from here.
                  I'm so mad as it makes me feel I'm going to waste time through being involved and trying to help friends. I enjoy doing that, don't misunderstand me, but having to rewrite for third time means my message will be more concise but not as spontaneous. Perhaps it'll hapen with this too so I'd better finish now!
                  Txx

Comment

Happened to me last night but fortunately I did the log straight back on suggestion and there it was waiting for me to post...thank goodness! I don't think I could have remembered what I'd said if I had had to do it again, hehe...
                    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Working...
                    X