Hello All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All

Hello, I have just given up my first trade as a gas engineer due to knee joint problems & am now trying to develop my arty side with my new driftwood / reclaimed wood business which i've been running alongside for the past year with help from my wife. It's difficult getting established but i'm determined to make it work. I've never joined a forum before so hopefully using it will gradually become easier. It doesn't help when your'e a bit of a technophobe!
    We regularly exhibit at a craft fair at Alton in Hampshire which we have found mostly successful, so if anyone wants the details let me know. Anyway, thanks for reading this & hope to speak soon. Mike.
    www.euneka.net

Hi Michael - welcome to the forum - you will finds lots of help and info here.
    Cynthia
    http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Good Luck

Wishing you lots of good fortune with your new venture. What type of items do you create?
      Chris W.
      x
      Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Thank you for your messages. I make mirrors, candle sconces & various items of furniture mainly from driftwood but also from salvaged wood. I am a great believer also in salvaging from skips as people throw away the most fantastic timber which often needs a lot of stripping off, but results can be very rewarding. I have put my website on my profile but it doesn't seem to be showing. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to include it in messages. Maybe someone could help me with that please? Thank you
        www.euneka.net

Comment

Hi Michael and to the forum, best of luck in your new adventures and if you go into the User CP area again but click onto edit signature (think thats what it says) you can put your web address as part of your sign off - then it'll appear at the end of your messages so we can go have a looksee

hth
          Shaz x
          Keepsake Kollections
          & Rossendale Ramblings!
          http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

That's great, Thanks for your help.
            My problem is I work with my hands & don't do well sitting at a computer!
            I'll try adding it now.
            www.euneka.net

Comment

Right, all done hopefully! Not quite sure about the slogan but at least the website should be there.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
              www.euneka.net

Comment

See, you do alright sitting at a puter too!

Just visited your site and store, you make some very beautiful things. My brother bought an old converted barn and I always said if it were mine, I'd love to have big pieces of driftwood on the walls, it'd suit it perfectly

Shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Helloo

Hi Michael and from me too.

Had a quick nosey around your website - looks really good and you make some beautiful pieces. I'm sure you'll do great with it.
                  Yvonne
                  x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                  My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

hi and to the forum.
                    some gorgeous tsuff on your site

Originally posted by Michael Hemming View Post
                    . I am a great believer also in salvaging from skips as people throw away the most fantastic timber
                    and not just timber!
                    i love looking at skips and tips, to see if there's anythng useful. the rest of the family cringe and disown me if they're about! but do I care? NO...

Comment

..........................if you had any idea how hard I'm finding it getting a decent gas engineer for my boiler........................! Welcome!

Comment

Hi Michael,
                        Hello and What a small world this is!
                        I hope you are all having a good Easter break.
                        This forum is great I only recently discovered it myself, loads of useful info and people.

Have fun

Ann

Comment

Thank you for your comments.

Skips are great aren't they?
                          www.euneka.net

Comment

Hi Ann

Have only just joined myself.
                            Hope you're doing ok & will see you at Alton next month.
                            Wendy sends her regards.

Mike
                            www.euneka.net

Comment

and from me too....just looked in on your site and I'm sure you will do well, looking forward to hearing about progress.

Sue
                              www.susiedolls.com
                              www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X