This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help

Hello, I really need some help and advise on what to do. I have been a mother of two for eight years now and although I love my children dearly, I find in my role of a mother. I seem to have lost all my self confidence. I design and make Tiaras using quality glass and crystal, I love what I do and am given positive feedback from friends and family. I wish to start selling my wares . But have no idea or knowledge on how to. I do feel once I start the ball rolling the confidence will start. But to get it going is my stumbling block. Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Hello and

I am fairly new here as well and the support and amount of information available is vast. Have a read through some of the posts and you'll see you are not alone.

For me personally, doing a Business Link start-up course was just what I needed to provide solid foundations - the artisans who post here are providing the mortar. All I need to do is make the bricks.

I come here often as there are always others to whom we can look to for advice (and for that I can never thank them enough); and there are others who may not know your craft but do know exactly what you are going through and will provide a torch in your darkest hours.
    ~ Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. ~

Comment

Originally posted by sjrmrkrlr View Post
      Hello, I really need some help and advise on what to do. I have been a mother of two for eight years now and although I love my children dearly, I find in my role of a mother. I seem to have lost all my self confidence. I design and make Tiaras using quality glass and crystal, I love what I do and am given positive feedback from friends and family. I wish to start selling my wares . But have no idea or knowledge on how to. I do feel once I start the ball rolling the confidence will start. But to get it going is my stumbling block. Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.
      I hate to be the suspicious moderator here, but would you like to tell us a little about yourself................like where you're from?

Comment

to the forum night-owl

Shaz x
        Keepsake Kollections
        & Rossendale Ramblings!
        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Web design company

Programmers were the original web page designers in the early 1990s. Currently most web designers come from a graphic artist background in print, where the artist has absolute control over the size and dimensions of all aspects of the design. On the web however, the Web designer has no control over several factors, including the size of the browser window and the size and characteristics of available fonts.
          Many designers compensate for this by wrapping their entire web page in a fixed width box, essentially limiting it to an exact pixel-perfect value, which is a fixed layout . Some create the illusion of liquidity by building the graphics for their web page at a size larger than any current standard monitor size. Other designers say that this is bad because it ignores the preferences of the user, who might have their browser sized a specific way that they like best. These people propose a liquid layout , where the size of the Web page adjusts itself based on the size of the browser window.
          There is a usability reason (rather than wanting control) for why a designer may choose a more fixed layout. Studies have shown that there is usually an optimal line width in terms of readability. One rule to appear from such studies is that lines should be between 40-60 characters long, or approximately 11 words per line. But users may choose their windows size and font selection to optimize other factors more important to them.
          This decision of which style of layout to use is often made on a case by case basis, depending on the needs and audience of the web site.

Comment

What ?????????????????????
            Bowed Over
            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Hello &

That first step is always so difficult! Have you thought about craft fairs? It's not always the best way to make money but, if you research the fairs i.e. are they for crafters only?, are they well established? are they well attended? etc... It may be worth trying to hire a stall and see it as a way of advertising your tiaras (rather than selling loads on the day). Make sure you have business cards and it's probably worth while setting up a website, so you can put your web address on the cards & potential customers can view your wares.

Mr Site's basic package is a really cheap way of setting up a site (I got mine from Amazon, which worked out cheaper than buying from Mr Site) then in the future, if you want to, you can upgrade to Mr Site Pro.

If you want to sell you tiaras through Mr Site, you will need a PayPal account but you could always just use it as your 'shop window'.

If you do set up your own site, you can always ask friends & family to hand out business cards to their work colleagues & friends.

Talking to your local Business Link advisor is a really good idea too.

Please let us know what you decide to do & how you get on.

Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

You could always see if your local bridal shops are interested.

Melanie

Comment

Somebody seems to be missing the point here...................this is elaborate spam - thread closed. Incidentally - sjrmrkrlr is posting from Australia.

Comment

Working...
                  X