Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pembrokeshire Crafter

Hi, everyone

Yet another forum I have joined! I am a member and (fairly) regular contributor to 4 other forums, and a bit of an occasional visitor to many more. I need some help and advice from fellow-crafters, so here I am.

My name is Ali Wade. I am 37, married to Rich (dairy farmer) and we live in beautiful Pembrokeshire. We have no kids, but Adam & Amber (from Rich's first marriage) are 2 teenagers who come and invade our home on increasingly less frequent occasions (like these smilies!)

Crafting-wise - I love making cards/ATCs, cross stitching and knitting. I sell a few things on Ebay, and keep being encouraged to sell cards and other stuff I make - so tentatively thinking of doing that.

In the rest of my life - when I am not wasting time on the pc, cleaning/laundry/cooking/shopping etc, I have 2 dogs to look after (a Peke and a Lurcher), 2 cats and 2 ponies (and going to look at a 3rd tomorrow ). I do a bit of riding and starting to drive with my Exmoor Pony, but I have osteoarthritis and definitely avoid cold/wet weather, so don't do as much as I used to. I also enjoy reading, baking, walking, charity shops/car boot sales, travelling/caravanning, playing on my Nintendo DS Lite and watching tv.

I used to 'work' - PA to Directors for many years (lots of travelling and long hours), cleaner (domestic and commercial properties), retail assistant and I used to work professionally with horses. Being a busy farmer's wife and the official diagnosis of arthritis meant that I am now a FullTime Domestic Goddess.

Anyone else from Pembrokeshire (Ceredigion or Carmarthenshire)?

Ali xx
    Pembrokeshire crafter - take a look at my piccies

to the forum! Pembrokeshires a lovely part of the world.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Welcome Ali - - my mother lived in Mollaston as a little girl where her father was a Baptist Minister and my uncle Gordon (Gordon Parry) lived in Neyland all his life. The last time we were in Pembrokeshire was unfortunately for his funeral. My cousin still lives just outside Neyland.

Hope you enjoy the forum.
      Cynthia
      http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

hi and ,im very new,but was made very from the word go

Comment

And from me too !!!! " 2 things in common "lurchers and horses "
          Used to work with horses and dogs in my previous life.

Cheers Janice
          www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Hi and to the forum!

We see lots of people doing the pony driving here where I live and my sister in law has a couple of horses and dreams of opening a school, maybe one day...dogs are more my thing though (but dont tell my cats, they hate em!)

Shaz x
            Keepsake Kollections
            & Rossendale Ramblings!
            http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

And a from me too. Dogs for me, only have one but would have a kennelfull if I could!

Sue
              www.susiedolls.com
              www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Hello & from me too!
                I want your life style, do you want to swap!? LOL. I absolutely love Pembrokshire, the coastline is magical, I just love all those hidden coves and ancient monuments and burial chambers!
                Hubby keeps applying for jobs down there but the kids are only just getting over the last relocation (2 yrs ago) and the house prices down there are off the planet! Maybe one day.
                Natalie
                website blog

Comment

Working...
                X