Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello everyone,
    I am a retired merchant seaman & to fill my time, I build ship models, vintage radio sets (using valves rather than transistors) & do a lot of writing (Numerous articles & one book). My wife does minaiture watercolours, mainly portraits & silhouettes.
    We find it sad that arts & crafts seem to be dying out in the UK, so it was very nice to come across this forum.
    Bob

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum - well you have certainly kept yourself busy since retiring - I'm sure you will enjoy it here everyone is extremely friendly and I feel the same as you regarding arts and crafts dying out - maybe if we all band together on the forum we can change that

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Welcome Bob, i dont think the forum would let it die! Happy foruming!
      x Maria

Website
      Blogging
      Facebook
      Flickr

Comment

Hello & .

My dad's into valve radios too, and anything else that has a valve in it!

There is plenty of crafting going on here, that is when we are not on the forum!

Hope you have fun here
        Av xx
        Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I have been looking through the rest of the forum & it is very comprehensive, so looking forward to contributing in many areas.
          Bob

Comment

Shabby Neesey

Comment

Bob - sounds fascinating and you will find lots to keep you occupied here. Happy foruming!!
              Cynthia
              http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

to the forum Bob....and as you're in Lancashire too, I wouldnt be half surprised if I've met some of your retired shipmates....my fella drives coaches and mini-buses and has a regular group of retired seamen we take on nights out, often up to Preston area, we join them now and what a laugh we have, you guys know some naughty songs!!!!

Enjoy the forum
                Shaz x
                Keepsake Kollections
                & Rossendale Ramblings!
                http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum....we're all working at keeping crafts alive. I spent last summer making the sails for my Dad's model of the Victory, took me ages! looking forward to seeing some of your work sometime.
                  Sue
                  www.susiedolls.com
                  www.susie1205.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for further welcome comments. I look forward to contributing more & more to the site. I now realise that I can't put pictures on until I reach 25 posts, but I don't suppose that will take long.
                    I went to sea very young & although I spent 31 years there, when I finally left, I was still only 48! I am now just turned 64, but am still very active. I have put my website in my profile & I see some of you have already looked at it. There is also a link from it to my wife's website where she spe******es in miniature watercolour portraits.
                    Best wishes Bob

Comment

from me too . There are some fantastic model ships in Kelvingrove Art gallery in Glasgow. So detailed you must have some patience.

Cheers Janice
                      www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too

Debbie
                        www.beadservice.net
                        On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

Thanks for welcomes. I feel I have a lot to contribute & am looking forward to getting enough entries to post images.
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X