Morning all - just saying hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all - just saying hi!

And yes, it really is 1.22am - you'll find I'm often up at silly hours posting on forums. Joys of insomnia

Well, I've just joined the forum tonight, although I have been in the Crafts Directory for a bit.

I'm Babs, a thirty-something wife and Mum to 2 boys (7 and 4 - often referred to as the Dynamic Duo). I've been 'crafty' for as long as I can remember - some would say I was born with a pencil and paper in my hand OUCH!! Although I have to say that I am crafty, and definitely NOT arty! Can't draw for toffee

My main crafts are cardmaking and scrapbooking - I used to cross stitch but have arthritis now which makes it a bit difficult. As well as working on my own scrapbooks - with two kids you'll understand how busy that can keep me - I also teach and run weekend retreats, which I LOVE. I enjoy giving something back to the craft!

Outside of crafting, I'm involved with a local Scout Water Activities Centre in London's Docklands, and am a retired member of the Queen Scout Working Party - anyone involved with Scouting will know what that's all about, but basically the QSWP help run awards ceremonies and other scouting events.

Oh yeah - and if you haven't already guessed I LOVE TO CHAT!!!!! So, I'm really looking forward to being part of the forum!
    Love 'n' Stuff
    Babs xx

www.immanuelcg.com - crafts, gifts, retreats & clubs with a Christian Flavour!

Warm welcome to the forum babs

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Hi Babs

Hope you are keeping well. Look forward to chatting with you here.
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

Hi Babs and to the forum!

I used to be a 'night owl' myself but I think old age and holding down 3 jobs made me into one of those 'I love my bed' types .

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Hi Babs and . I will save my chatting till the morning I'm defo. " I like my sleep type "

Cheers Janice
          www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Welcome.......................I'll go and put me broomstick back in the closet.

Comment

Hi and
              x Maria

Website
              Blogging
              Facebook
              Flickr

Comment

and from me too!
                I'm a bit of a night owl as well1 too many years of having done night shifts I suppose!
                trouble is with being a night owl, is that then nothing gets done in the day time!

Comment

Hi Babs, and a big warm weldome to the forum

Debbie
                  www.beadservice.net
                  On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

to the forum Babs and you know I'll be a night-time buddy cos I left you still wandering about the forum in the wee small hours of this morning!

Enjoy
                    Shaz x
                    Keepsake Kollections
                    & Rossendale Ramblings!
                    http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

hi Babs from another night owl, usually only coming awake after dark (somethimes when i do my best work)
                      while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

to the forum. I'm sure you'll like it here!!
                        View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

i AM ALSO A EARLY MORNING.LATE NITE POSTER
                          Shabby Neesey

Comment

Thank you for such a warm welcome - it's nice to know I won't be here on my own in the dark
                            Love 'n' Stuff
                            Babs xx

www.immanuelcg.com - crafts, gifts, retreats & clubs with a Christian Flavour!

Comment

Looking at your signature.....................what flavour are christians?

Comment

Working...
                              X