Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello,

I joined the forum a while ago but forgot to say HELLO!
    I live in Hertfordshire and make salt dough models but am having second thoughts after doing my first craft fair which was a real dissapointment. Thinking about another craft but not sure what yet. Looking around the forum for some ideas.

Have a good day

Debbie xx
    Please drop by "Debbies Dough"
    www.debbies-dough.co.uk

Hi Deb,

Welcome to the forum.

I will let you know of any fairs around.

Lou
    A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Comment

Don't be put off by your first craft fayre. It is not as easy to sell things as people think!! Stick to your salt dough, as long as you are good at it and keep trying the fayres. Don't forget Christmas School fayres and that sort of thing. :lol:
      If you are not near enough to visit then check out my online store!!

www.scrapbookingcastle.co.uk

Happy crafting

Comment

Hi Debbie! Have you thought about polymer clay as well as salt dough? :wink:

Steve
        CraftBoard

Comment

Thank you

I have done Steve but it works out so expensive. I'm being drawn towards decoupage, not 3D but the original kind of decorating wooden boxes etc. At the moment I'm reaing up as much as I can and finding sites with copyright free photos..
          By the way I've visited your site and joined!! It's great.
          Have a good evening

Deb x
          Please drop by "Debbies Dough"
          www.debbies-dough.co.uk

Comment

Hi Debbie I like all kinds of decoupage, I'll admit - the traditional through to the modern I love the big screens in Oriental designs done using decoupage :wink:

Thanks

Steve
            CraftBoard

Comment

Hi deb

Dont let one fayre put you off their ae some really bad fairs but there are some really ggod ones to it will take some time to get to know which are good for you. I have done some really dire ones over the years, have had a really bad one today but I know my stuff is good so am not worrying. When doing fairs dont be afraid to ask the organisers how they advertise and what the foot fall is. At the end of each year I look at the fairs I have done rebook the good ones forget about the bad ones and look for new ones to fill the space, you have to take the rough with the smooth. I have done 3 this year with one organiser and all have been bad (including today) so I wont book any next year with that organiser.

Good luck with future fairs

deb :P
              Deb
              Karisma Kandles
              www.karismakandles.co.uk

Comment

Working...
              X