I think I am going to like it here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am going to like it here...

Hi all...My name is Barry or aka "Uncle Wiggy". A bit about me...I live in Wantage, near Oxford in Oxfordshire.
    As Uncle Wiggy I have entertained children for over 25 years. Magic Punch & Judy etc...
    As Barry Hopkins, I sell conservatories, but the point of being a member here is my other hat...Mod Edit. Please read rules regarding 25 posts. What is that? Well I am a serious hobby photographer, photo artist and do very well at club and regional level against my peers.
    For several years I accumulated a vast experience using Photoshop and had 100's of great digital images that I hardly saw the light of day once finished. So as a serial entrepreneur, a few months ago, I invested in a large format printer and now print my own images and want... need to start selling my images to a wider public in order to pay for it. I am looking at several ways to market, and the craft scene is something that excites me as an opportunity, where I can learn from you how to get home produced products to market.
    So here I am. Ready to absorb from others but more importantly give to others.
    I strongly believe in Givers Gain, so ask away, Photoshop, photographer, images, what ever... help and advice will freely given, as quickly as possible ( not always instantly!) I understand that here is not the place to explain any services I might offer, but PM if you want to know more, or have any questions.
    Look forward to getting to know a few more people in here, and given time, hope to be helpful to many.
    Thanks for reading this,
    Barry Or Uncle Wiggy
    Sun-Rise-FB.jpgI-am-sailing-FB.jpgSan-Fransisco-Bridge-FB.jpg
    Last edited by Critchley; 12-11-2013, 05:18 PM.

Welcome aboard. Nice to see someone else from Oxfordshire here.

Dave
    Clocks that ROCK!!!
    Hand built clocks from unusual things
    facebook, twitter & Online. www.clocksthatrock.net

Comment

Hi Uncle Wiggy. I have just edited your post as you cannot put links in with under 25 posts. You can, however, put it in your signature. If you have a problem with that just ask.
      Welcome to the forum.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi Critchley,
        I did notice that, and thought I had removed the link before I posted it, maybe it was not a hyperlink just a web address... I am sure it will not be long before there are 25 posts and thanks for the welcome.
        Barry

Comment

Hello. I'm a card maker (who can't take good photos to save her life).

Comment

What goes wrong then with your pictures..? Hope this helps... Make sure there is enough light, conservatory or ouside if possible, but not a very sunny day, then follow my two favorite tips...
            1) What you see is what you get! So many people think the viewfinder is just a guide. Look at it and study the image and make sure what you want is completely in view. Its easy to remove some of the side, but no as easy to add something not impossible! How many pictures of people with heads and feet cut off have you seen? Same with products, bits missing looks wrong.
            2 ) t does not really matter what camera you use, but try to always use a tripod, or a beanbag to hold the camera steady, then use the self timer. Even the pressing of the shutter can make a picture blurry.
            Hope this helps but ask away if you have a specific problem.
            Barry

Comment

Hello Uncle Wiggy, welcome to the forum, I like your name, it sounds like a character in a children's story
              "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

I can't seem to compose a good picture. I don't actually see (ie process in my brain) the picture in the view finder. I manage to get people with trees growing out of their head and other such silly stuff.

Comment

to the forum. I use a scanner for my cards - makes life so much easier for me (unless they're heavily layered)
                  Lucy Blossom
                  Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
                  https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Hi, welcome to the forum
                        http://peaceofgem.blogspot.co.uk/
                        http://folksy.com/shops/peaceofgem
                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peace-of-Gem/

Comment

Working...
                        X