hello everybody im new and need some advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello everybody im new and need some advice please

hi i lost my baby boy oscar 2 months ago he was stillborn at 37 weeks , since he has passed i have started making jewellery of all types for adults children and babies i have a facebook shop but can anyone tell me where i can sell on here please or get oscars page out there its to raise money for his headstone and also to help other parents who may struggle with a headstone thank you kim xx

Sorry to hear of your sad loss. Good luck with your jewellery and welcome to the forum. Hopefully someone will be able to answer your questions.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Originally posted by kimduffy View Post
      hi i lost my baby boy oscar 2 months ago he was stillborn at 37 weeks , since he has passed i have started making jewellery of all types for adults children and babies i have a facebook shop but can anyone tell me where i can sell on here please or get oscars page out there its to raise money for his headstone and also to help other parents who may struggle with a headstone thank you kim xx
      Hi Kim and Welcome to the Crafts Forum and sorry for your tragic loss.

Regarding your comment about selling on here, this is not a sales platform as such and blatant selling is not approved of. You can of course add a website or shop site to your signature and post your latest makes to encourage others to investigate your products further, but posting and saying this is for sale at X amount is not allowed.

You can set up free websites through a number of hosts, google free website, or do a search on here, top right, for related posts and I'm sure I have seen several discussions on this topic. You can set up a free business page on Facebook for example or a shop on one of the many sites such as Etsy, Folksy, Artfire, etc etc. Again there have been many posts on these sites. They are usually free to set up a shop and you pay the hoster a commission when you make a sale.

Not to put too much of a downer on your ambitions but you are in an already saturated market making and selling jewellery and you would have to spend a huge amount of time promoting such sales platforms by blogging, tweeting, FB, forum postings etc.

You may be better looking at local craft fairs and markets, School fetes or even setting up a party plan system of selling locally maybe to Mums. You need to network too locally via any clubs, socials or schools.

One last thing if you are selling anything no matter how small, even if you don't make a profit you have to register with HMRC. There is no distinction between a hobby and a business if you sell product, you are a business in their eyes. It's not difficult and they are not at all scary. You can phone them up and register. Again there are lots of threads on here about this and getting PPI insurance which again you will need if selling to the public, doing fairs or party plan. Insurance is not compulsary but it would be very foolish not to get it with the increase in litigation claims and any responsible fair organiser worth their salt wouldn't let you have a stand without insurance.

Sorry a lot to take in but loads of info on here about starting a business, as that is what you are doing by selling anything.

Good luck,

Mo.XX
      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
      www.bodrighy.co.uk
      https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Hello Kim, I'm so sad to hear about Oscar. I wish you loads of luck with your jewellery making, I hope it goes wonderfully well for you and you don't have to wait too long before you can get his headstone xx
        "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Hi Kim

Just wanted to say how sorry I am to read about little Oscar.

I wish you the very best of luck with your jewellery and look forward to seeing some of your pieces

Take care x
          Autumn Thyme

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            www.thetutufairy.co.uk
            Lovely hair clips and headbands for your little ones
            See my products

My ETSY shop
            My EBAY

Comment

Working...
            X