Hi New to forums hope it's ok to introduce myself here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi New to forums hope it's ok to introduce myself here

I am fairly new to crafting have been doing it a couple of years. I was a gardener but had to give it up due to ill health. I had an operation last April and am well on the way to recovery. I am usually very active and turned to crafting to relieve the boredom of not being able to do the things I was used to doing. I have always been keen on cooking and baking. I used to knit years ago and have got back into it recently. I am currently knitting a throw which consists of about 60 knitted squares all sewn together. I might be asking for some tips when I get to the sewing up stage. I have recently bought a Brother Anniversary sewing machine which I love. So far I have made bunting, lavender bags, cushions and am starting a mobile for my granddaughters bedroom. I have done a little cross-stitch and some bead weaving which I really enjoyed. I have attached a copy of my last finifshed project which was a jacket hat and scarf for my granddaughter. I love anything creative and want to learn as many skills as possible. Thanks for listening
    Julie
    2012-10-22 10.03.29.jpg
    Science has it's place but nothing is quite like letting your imagination fly

Hello Julie, welcome to the forum. Crafting is so therapeutic, glad to hear it's helping you, I love the jacket hat and scarf and your granddaughter is adorable!

Fiona
    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Thanks Fiona
      There is so much to inspire on this website

Could anyone tell me how I put a picture by my username and how you tag a signature to your posts I am new to all this and still finding my way around

Thanks a million
      Julie

Comment

Welcome to the forum. If you use the search box you should be able to find a thread which shows you how to add photos and how to do your signature, that is how I did mine. I hope that helps. I love the outfit you have made for your granddaughter and she looks so cute. Glad to hear you are now well on the road to recovery and I look forward to seeing more of your work.
        http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
        http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

Thanks Debbie I love her to bits the photo shows her personality
          I like your website lovely jewellery.
          Will try that now with the search box
          what a lovely welcome looking forward to getting to know you all

Comment

Hi Julie, to the forum.

Jo xx
            Things to make and do
            Things to make and do's Facebook page
            Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Working...
            X