hi from a newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from a newbie

Hi fellow and fellowess crafters, I am violetsands and i am new to all this online forum stuff so forgive me if I make some bloopers! I am a trained ceramic artist who has put down clay for a bit and taken up mixed media crafts. I have been playing around with some ideas based on folklore and fairy tales - mainly paper based work. But i have also recently taught myself to crochet and i am loving it!

I am currently working on some pieces to go into a charity auction for the Camille appeal called eight by eight and it has been really nice to sort of pay it forward. I am sure that there is karma in good deeds

One thing i would like to share with you is that I really struggled to find prismacolours sold individually in the uk - most suppliers only supply the boxed versions and that is frustrating and expensive, because in variably the one colour you want is in the boxed set and the other colour is in another. However (and i hasten to add this is in no way an advertisment but just sharing a potential source of materials) i found this lovely lady on e Bay who is uk based and selling individual pencils and is happy to source colours for you. Her name is Jill and her space is jack and jill nursery supplies. I can supply the link if you want but it was just to let people know this info.

But if anyone can tell me a brand of colouring pencil that is as waxy/blendable as prismacolour and easily got in the uk i would be really grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to read my blurb and yeah well hi and all that !

Hello Violet, welcome to the forum!
    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Hello. Sorry I can't help you, I'm a card maker.

Comment

Hello and welcome.
        You could try Atlantis art materials in the East End of London, they have a wealth of stock.

Comment

Hi, just a welcome from me.
          James x
          www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

from another noob
            Jennifer

Welsh Candle Creations
            http://welshcandlecreations.blogspot.co.uk/
            twitter.com/WelshCandles
            facebook.com/WelshCandleCreations

Comment

I`m also a carder like chez so I can`t help either but someone usually comes along who can. Welcome.

Dave.

Comment

Hi, to the forum.

Jo xx
                Things to make and do
                Things to make and do's Facebook page
                Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Working...
                X