Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to woodworking, opinions needed?

Hi there.

I've recently started making little wooden projects on the side as a way of extra income. i was just wondering what you thought. If you could visit my facebook page and browse through my pictures, and comments would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anything catches your eye, everything on there is for sale. Seeing as i cannot post a link to my facebook page, please take the time to search Coronet Crafts.
    Many thanks!

Tom Nye

Welcome there are a few woodies on here.
    I think it would be helpful if you could say what minimum size the mushroom for £15 is. Also people seem to like to know what wood has been used.
    Good luck
    Pat Murphy

http://www.gladturnings.co.uk
    https://www.facebook.com/GladTurnings.Woodturning

Comment

I shall be posting new pictures later tonight and once i get back to work tomorrow, ill measure up the mushrooms etc and post sizes on here and on my facebook. The wood used for the mushrooms varies really, some are made from hemlock and some from yew.

Thanks for the advice,

Tom nye

Comment

Hello Tom, welcome to the forum. I did try and find your fb page but failed I'm afraid, sorry i'm useless at looking things up!
        "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

ill email you the facebook link, thanks alot

Comment

Thank you, I got that but the link didn't work. However my son found your facebook page in seconds! I love your sun and moon wall plaques, do you make them yourself? We like the giant mushrooms too and they are afordable prices which is good.
            "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

The wall plaques and thermometers are the only items we dont make ourselves unfortunately. we have experimented with them, but havent perfected to ceramic mix yet. The giant mushrooms are a favourite of mine as well, me and my father make them with a chainsaw. plenty of trial and error! we will be making garden ornaments and concrete wall plaques in the next week or so, so keep your eyes peeled!

Comment

I will do. I wondered if the mushrooms were made with a chainsaw, very good, that can't be easy!

Comment

My only criticism is that the prices for the mushrooms seems very low for what they are and how ,long they take to do.

Pete
                  "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Well, we aim to be competitive in our prices

Comment

I love the mushrooms too. I also like the herb planters, they look lovely and rustic.

Melanie

Comment

Working...
                      X