Greetings from the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from the US

I found your site while searching for hand made cards.
    Just like many of you I enjoy working in a few different crafts. I'm taking different kinds of metalworking classes at our local community college. I've done forging, casting, enameling at the college. I have quite a few metalworking tools at home.
    I've been making Christmas ornaments and attaching them to the cards I send. The ornaments are flat, embossed metal foil attached to card stock or metal backing. I was looking for different ways to attach the ornament when I found your site.
    I also teach hypertufa to garden clubs in my area. I volunteer(weeding) at local historic gardens. I make jewelry. I work full time selling hydraulic equipment. My husband and I collect and show corvettes. I live in Pennsylvania on the east coast of the US. Enjoy bread baking and one of my favorite books is "English Bread and Yeast Cookery" American edition. It's not just a great cook book. It's history and stores all rolled into one. Downton Abbey fan. Billie Anne
    Last edited by Billieanne; 15-01-2013, 07:49 PM.

Hi Billie Anne, welcome to the forum It looks like you are kept very busy!

Another Downton fan here

Comment

Hi Billie Anne, to the forum.

Jo xx
      Things to make and do
      Things to make and do's Facebook page
      Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hello
        and pray tell what do you do in the evenings {just a silly little joke}
        Glenville
        Laugh as long and as loud as you can,because you can
        http://www.glenvillesstyle.co.uk

Comment

Kewl, so busy.
          Welcome to the forum.
          James
          www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

Hello! What's hypertufa?
            Wid

Comment

Wid, Hypertufa was concocted to imitate old stone trough. There are a lot of recipes but I prefer equal parts sand, peat moss and portland cement. Some people add vermiculite and perlite for different looks and texture. You can make planters, lanterns, leaf castings, etc. One year for christmas I made small planter size bowls and gave to friends along with bags of potting soil and flower seeds.

Aren't we all busy. I don't have children so have lots of free time. I can't imagine how parents do all the things they do. Thanks for the welcome. In the evenings I go to the gym........doesn't everyone? lol

Comment

Hi Billieanne and welcome to the forum...

I was looking for different ways to attach the ornament when I found your site.
                Can I ask what you are using currently? I'm assuming you are looking for something other than the usual ribbon, twine, tulle, brads, buttons,magnets, velcro dots etc combos? I would love to see an example of one of these...hope you will find time to start an album (on your profile page) so we can admire your handiwork.

Comment

Christa, Still finding my way around and didn't even check to see about posting pics. Don't even know if I can post pics yet. I did read the rules and know I can't post url's until 25 posts. Don't know about pics. If I do post pics in the album in my profile will it send the images out to everyone or throw them into a general album? I don't want to bore people.
                  I've only been making the cards/ornaments for 3 years. First year I just cut 2 diagonal slits in the back of the card to hold the ornament. Second year I hung the ornament from ribbon so I cut a slit in the back of the card and pulled the ribbon through so it hung out the back of the card. This year I hung the ornament with copper wire. I cut a half circle in the top part of the back of the card and hung the ornament from the half circle. I think friends like my notes that I enclose. First year the cards/ornaments were a little messy, e.g. fingerprints in the glue, hair stuck on an ornaments. So besides the obligatory "season's greetings", I told them to save the cards just incase we'd ever need my DNA.
                  Last edited by Billieanne; 16-01-2013, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Hello Billieanne. You can certainly start your album off. It sounds like you lead a very full life. Lovely to see you here. I know Pennsilvania as have huge family in and around Philly.
                    Last edited by Critchley; 16-01-2013, 08:28 AM.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Welcome Billieanne....what a lovely name

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                      I know Pennsilvania as have huge family in and around Philly.
                      This made me chuckle....Where do the small family members live?
                      for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                      plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                      Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

Ah well, there you go you see. Big family, 7 daughters, 2 sons all have multiple numbers of children who, by now mostly have children of their own. Nearly 100 of them scattered around.
                        Carol
                        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Billieanne View Post
                          Christa, Still finding my way around and didn't even check to see about posting pics. Don't even know if I can post pics yet. I did read the rules and know I can't post url's until 25 posts. Don't know about pics. If I do post pics in the album in my profile will it send the images out to everyone or throw them into a general album? I don't want to bore people.
                          I've only been making the cards/ornaments for 3 years. First year I just cut 2 diagonal slits in the back of the card to hold the ornament. Second year I hung the ornament from ribbon so I cut a slit in the back of the card and pulled the ribbon through so it hung out the back of the card. This year I hung the ornament with copper wire. I cut a half circle in the top part of the back of the card and hung the ornament from the half circle. I think friends like my notes that I enclose. First year the cards/ornaments were a little messy, e.g. fingerprints in the glue, hair stuck on an ornaments. So besides the obligatory "season's greetings", I told them to save the cards just incase we'd ever need my DNA.

Hiya
                          If you upload to your album the images sit there and wait for the curious among us to pay them a visit so no worries there...and starting an album immediately is just fine and to be encouraged

I am dying to see your ornament cards. I made some this/last year with detachable tree ornaments and I often make cards that has a detachable element. Its nice to have that bit of added interest sometimes.

Love the comment about the DNA greetings cards ... I think we have all been there at some time.

Comment

I'm not great with photos. Posted a couple yesterday and found I had to resize other pics. Then my battery died on the computer. Going to try again today.

Comment

Hello. I'm a card maker and Downton fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X