Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a newbie who needs advice...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a newbie who needs advice...........

Hi everyone, I've decided I'd like to have a go at cardmaking but haven't got much of a clue as to what basic tools etc I'll most likely need. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm sure the knowledgable people in the cardmaking section will be able to answer your questions.
    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

Hi welcome to the forum, it depends what sort of card making you want to do. You could decoupage, stamp, water colour, so depending on this depends what you will need to get started. I would say a good pair of scissors, ruler, quality card and envelopes an ink pad or two for stamping and some pens, paints or pencils for colouring in. HTH

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum...as has already been noted, what you will need will really depend on the type/style of cards you want to make.

At the very least I would say you NEED a decent paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, cardstock , paper, wet and dry adhesive...

after that it depends on what you want to achieve - there is so much equipment and such a wide range of materials available it is easy to get lost in it all.

Maybe if you can give us an idea of the type of thing you would like to make we can better advise you on what you might need.

Of course you do know it is very addictive and you will start off with a small box of stuff ... and end up needing a bigger house

Comment

Pencil, rubber, METAL ruler, compass, set squares, scalpel, scissors (large & small) double sided tape, (high tack & low tack) foam spacers, good quality felt tip pens, self healing cutting mat, decent desk lamp, silicon glue, good paper glue...think of the tools that make things firstly as opposed to the tools that make things pretty. I only make 3d decoupage cards so I am slightly biased in my choice of tools but above should be a basic for most styles.

Dave.

Comment

Hi, to the forum.

Jo xx
            Things to make and do
            Things to make and do's Facebook page
            Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Hi and welcome and welcome to the world of buying lots of thiiiiingsssssss...
              Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Working...
              X