Hello from Emerald Rose :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Emerald Rose :)

I just wanted to say hello now that I've registered. I'm Laura and I make lots of different things. I started off knitting as a hobby, then moved on to jewellery. I sell my things at craft fairs, but I don't seem to do anywhere near as well as other people and I'm struggling to figure out why. Maybe I'll find some useful tips on here.

Hi Laura, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will receive lots of help here!
    "If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." Roald Dahl

Comment

I make lots of different things, too, and one thing I have found is that I sell more if I have no more than a couple of different crafts on my stall, preferably two very different ones, and treat the display as two separate halves, not as 'one mixed craft stall'.

So, I might have, for example, doll's clothes and accessories on one half, and papercraft seasonal decorations (not cards! I don't make cards!) on the other half.

People often assume - if I have a friend helping me - that one of us does one craft, and one the other. Actually my friend is a baker and I help her out at her markets, where people often assume I have made the cakes and she has made the biscuits (or vice-versa).

You could always try it and see, anyway. Only having two categories of items on the stall gives a less car-booty look, I find, and it is much easier to get a classy appearance for your display.
      Last edited by eena; 26-12-2012, 02:34 PM. Reason: speeling missteak

Comment

Thanks eena, that's really good advice. I'll have to try that.

Comment

Hi Laura, to the forum.

Jo xx
          Things to make and do
          Things to make and do's Facebook page
          Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
              http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
              http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems