Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new one

Hey everyone, Im Tasha.
    I just joined today and i am mainly into card making (even though i have only just started) but i am always open to trying new things so if you have any ideas let me know
    Please tell me what you honestly think of anything i post on here
    Cheers and gone me beauties
    Tasha x

I just replied to your other post to say welcome to the forum. Do you have any kind of card making techniques that you would like to try specifically or is it all just so new and all a bit mind blowing? I remember when I first started there seemed to be so many words that I didn't have a clue about but very quickly it all started to make sense. Is there anything you would like help with?
    http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
    http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

Thank you very much for replying. Its all a bit mind blowing at the moment. I bought a magazine and it came with a kit so i've made a couple of cards from there. But im open to trying anything, obviously something not too difficult at first so if you have any suggestions that would be great cheers!

Comment

What I did when I was starting out was buy lots of cheap bits from poundland, The works and The range and just play with different colour combinations. I brought some cheap fancy cut scissors to make different edges and foam pads so that I could layer up my cards. As i hadn't spent much money on all my bits I didn't worry too much about how they turned out and I was able to experiment before using more expensive products. There are so many different things you can do so my best advice would be to look at some other peoples makes and see what appeals to you. The internet is full of tutorials and demonstrations when you feel ready to tackle different techniques and we are all here to offer help and advice. Enjoy the journey and remember "crafters don't make mistakes they have happy accidents" so you will never do anything wrong as there really is no right or wrong.
        http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
        http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

Thats a great idea, the range is just across the road from college and its massive, also i am going shopping tomorrow so i shall have a browse and see what i can find. Im not expecting for anything to turn out great yet but hopefully i will get there with a bit of practice lol. I'll have a look at peoples pages on here and elsewhere on the internet, i have seen a few styles that i like. Thank you very much for your help, i'll let you know how i get on

Comment

Enjoy the journey and remember "crafters don't make mistakes they have happy accidents" so you will never do anything wrong as there really is no right or wrong.
            I agree...there are no mistakes in card making...just embellishment opportunities

Comment

Hi Tasha, to the forum.

Jo xx
              Things to make and do
              Things to make and do's Facebook page
              Michael Lovejoy's Art

Comment

Originally posted by debbiev View Post
                What I did when I was starting out was buy lots of cheap bits from poundland, The works and The range and just play with different colour combinations. I brought some cheap fancy cut scissors to make different edges and foam pads so that I could layer up my cards. As i hadn't spent much money on all my bits I didn't worry too much about how they turned out and I was able to experiment before using more expensive products. There are so many different things you can do so my best advice would be to look at some other peoples makes and see what appeals to you. The internet is full of tutorials and demonstrations when you feel ready to tackle different techniques and we are all here to offer help and advice. Enjoy the journey and remember "crafters don't make mistakes they have happy accidents" so you will never do anything wrong as there really is no right or wrong.
                AAAAH-foam pads...spawn of the devil!! Silicone adhesive and an oral syringe to apply it..only way to go! Crafters don't make mistakes...(too many good glues available for that LOL)

Dave.

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                  View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                  X